Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Do i really have to wait 31 days????

This is a discussion on Do i really have to wait 31 days???? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone, long story short, i cancelled my Sky TV and Broadband services last month, and they were finally cut ...

Peter138 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Do i really have to wait 31 days????

Hi everyone,

long story short, i cancelled my Sky TV and Broadband services last month, and they were finally cut off 1 week ago. I have since changed my mind and would like to still have sky broadband and sky talk, but ive just got off the phone with Sky who said i have to wait 31 days before i can set this up. Is this right? Is there a reason for this or was i just talking to another advisor who didnt understand what they were talking about.

I really need the internet back on fast, as my job description has now changed to include online work. Id appreciate any help at all, in getting my internet back on ASAP!

2. Advertisement
      telephone88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Do i really have to wait 31 days????

If everything has been cut off that would suggest that your original cancellations have completed which should mean you can re-order. The new orders will take up to 2 weeks to complete.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Try signing up on line, it may go through quicker.
      Packages

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have a telephone line and all the equipment (router etc) so all i need is to be reconnected, but the online website is trying to have an engineer sent out at my cost which is totally unnecessary. Is there a number for a specific department that deals with this? Reinstate Sky perhaps?

Edit: I got through to a helpful guy i think in cancellations. I was told 30 days again, then i was told i couldnt get Sky Broadband until December! But the guy said they were talking nonsense and that he could switch it on within 10 days since i already have the router etc.

Why do Sky have such morons working for them?
      Last edited by Peter138; 29-09-10 at 01:51 PM.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

It is not down to them entierly, after a cancellation, the line has to be cleared on BT's system which can take 10 days, then the order is put on and that can take another 10 days, it really depends on how far down/up the process you can start.

It's also not their fault you changed your mind, calling them morons is a bit like thowing stones in a greenhouse don't you think

Exchange:
      Thanks

It isnt their fault i changed my mind, but if people are telling me different things each time i call and also telling me incorrect information that can lead to Sky making more money off myself thats not necessary then what i call them is wholly justifiable. I doubt id be the first customer who has been informed of incorrect information and procedure, and i sure as hell wont be the last, but if thats whats on offer, i guess i will look elsewhere for service.

MMAFan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter138 View Post
      It isnt their fault i changed my mind, but if people are telling me different things each time i call and also telling me incorrect information that can lead to Sky making more money off myself thats not necessary then what i call them is wholly justifiable. I doubt id be the first customer who has been informed of incorrect information and procedure, and i sure as hell wont be the last, but if thats whats on offer, i guess i will look elsewhere for service.
      Different company maybe, same poor service probably.

Whether its BT, Virgin, Sky, my bank, Marks and Sparks etc etc they all have great service and they all have terrible service. Often simply depends on who you get on the day.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

You must remember also that Sky rely on BT doing the work on their behalf so they cannot give 100% accurate timescales, what you may have is someone giving you the worst case and someone else giving you the best case senario, neither being wrong, both just an estimate.