Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How do i know if they upgraded(20mb)

This is a discussion on How do i know if they upgraded(20mb) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; yes: Sky / Easynet: Enabled as of 23/06/2010 Which would mean they are slowly moving us all onto the broadband ...

Chrisazgo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: How do i know if they upgraded(20mb)

yes:

Sky / Easynet:
      Enabled as of 23/06/2010

Which would mean they are slowly moving us all onto the broadband max right? so all the current customers get changed for free/no price increase atleast thats what i was told in a letter.
      So im just waiting for that part to happen and it could take several months more its painful especially if you have an interest in online gaming.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It should not take months. Keep phoning them up and asking when you are going to get moved. They may get tired of you and move you right away.

Far from an increase you will get a decrease, how much depends on what you are paying now and whether you have Sky phone or TV or both.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

So almost another month on im still stuck with this laughable excuse of a connection.
      Last night it didnt become 'useable' until about 11:15pm much later than normal which meant i had to miss out on alot of sleep before a working day just to use it.
      Its perhaps at its worse now i guess because summer is over.
      Tonight im unable to even log into steam to use any single player games as it cant handle the simple login process.
      Call quality on skype is complete red with warning and sounds way too robotic and broken to use,
      Pictures dont even load unless i wait minutes for each to slowly load it line by line.
      Dial up i had about 10 years ago was never this slow.

Surely they cant do this im paying alot of money and they arent providing anything close to the service advertised so i should be able to get out without having to pay for leaving a contract.
      i put the tv on but im getting stressed everytime i see the 'sponsored by sky award winning broadband' adverts on film four.

Thanks

Have you kept phoning them every couple of days. If you do they may get their finger out and get you moved. If you have been doing that, drop an email on jeremy.darroch@sky.com and set out you grievances.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I got through to someone quite helpful today,
      It turns out despite what samknows says:

Sky / Easynet: Enabled as of 23/06/2010

my exchange hasnt been upgraded yet and there has been a delay with alot of upgrades including my area.
      They are hoping to get it done within 4 weeks and definatly before the end of november.
      I was told all sky connect users will automaticlaly be put over on the day it goes live.
      Alittle bit of hope i guess, just have to suffer 1 more month with this.

Thanks

I was told all sky connect users will automaticlaly be put over on the day it goes live.
      Alittle bit of hope i guess, just have to suffer 1 more month with this.
      I would take that with a pinch of salt. Experience is that it can take anything from 2 weeks to 3 months to get transferred from Connect to LLU. Some have been waiting over a year to be transferred.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12