Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

new here

This is a discussion on new here within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme I doubt if you will see much more, but you have almost doubled your speed which ...

kz3e is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: north shields
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: new here

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I doubt if you will see much more, but you have almost doubled your speed which means that your internal wiring has been dragging your speed down. Your next task is to convince your dad to fit a filtered faceplate, find a position as close to the filtered faceplate as you can and connect to it using a longer good quality RJ11 cable.

XTE-2005 Filtered Master Faceplate - ADSL Nation
      Belkin CC3011AED25 7.6m High Speed RJ11 to RJ11 Internet Modem Cable
      see my dads an electrician by trade so he has more or less re wired the house and done the plumbing well except for turning the gas on etc... but has a habit of painting over sockets etc.. again il get him to test the line properly and fit the filtered faceplate is it wise to plug the modem into the master socket ? as my brother has his in his and clocks 11meg on a crap day and 20 on a good and he is farther away from the exchange but apparently there is a booster around his area ? i also spoke with him today regarding the netgeat v1 as posted before when sky set him up he got same router as me the v2 netgear he had constant problems with lack of connection etc,.. sky notified him this was a problem with the model something to do with a wire/ power supply or possibly rj11 sockets .. cant remember now but he had connection so im presuming it wasnt power but he is now using an official sky v1 the white one . he also has my non official netgear v1 white one boxed up do you think i should do a comparison with both ? just incase it is a faulty router .. also i have just done a router reboot and i have lost a little connection but not much

ROUTER STATISTICS

System Up Time: 00:02:17
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 100 59 0 798 252 00:00:44
      LAN 100M/Full 599 0 0 900 0 00:02:12
      WLAN 11M/54M 810 1248 0 3844 1692 00:02:00
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 3095 kbps 759 kbps
      Line Attenuation 48 db 30 db
      Noise Margin 9 db 10 db

but it is very bad weather up here at the moment thunder and lightning last night and on and off showers and high volumes of wind so that could be another elemental problem

2. Advertisement
      kz3e is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: north shields
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: new here

crash bang wallop its 9pm and my stats have dropped

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 1939 kbps 741 kbps
      Line Attenuation 48 db 30 db