Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

new here

This is a discussion on new here within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Can you please click the links in Steve's post and follow the instructions there. The information you have from BT ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: new here

Can you please click the links in Steve's post and follow the instructions there. The information you have from BT means nothing, you are on a Sky LLU connection which is completely different from BT.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      kz3e is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: north shields
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Can you please click the links in Steve's post and follow the instructions there. The information you have from BT means nothing, you are on a Sky LLU connection which is completely different from BT.
      Sky User - Broadband Speed Tester, Sky User - ADSL Exchange Checker,

there the two links i used off steves post and thats the information i have recieved :-/

Thanks

also my master socket is built into a cupboard in the front of the house and does not get used anymore because the fact its been put in a cupboard lol along with the house alarm and all of the fuse box etc.. but i will get around to testing it shortly i mean there shouldnt really be a problem as we were with o2 /freeserve/orange and talk talk before hand in the 8 years we have lived here and we have always had over 2meg broadband most was between 8-10 roughly so it may be sky testing the line altho the 72hrs and the account change was over a week ago the DLM may still be underway i dunno im not technical with this stuff hence im here lol i know how to read the router and thats about it
      and frankly i wouldnt see the point putting my router in a cupboard where there are 3 walls and a door for the signal to pass thru plus the fact it will be availible in the street altho i have changed login details and thinking of changing wep key due to everyone can get into your sky router at anytime due to default lol

dunno im off work tomorrow so i shall have a fiddle do i plug router into Master socket or laptop ? it just says to put a lead in on that help page ..

many thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      kz3e
      Hi to help solve your issues you need to do as reddwarfcrew has asked How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket also if you are having issues with a speed tester why not use this the SkyUser own Sky User - Broadband Speed Tester
      http://speed.io/pics/3501/8395/speed.io.png

Thanks

The links are given in the body of the post, not the sig, here they are again-
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket
      Sky User - Broadband Speed Tester

With your attenuation you should be getting 6-7 mb. You say you have an alarm, is this connected to the phone? If so, is it properly filtered?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The links are given in the body of the post, not the sig, here they are again-
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket
      Sky User - Broadband Speed Tester

With your attenuation you should be getting 6-7 mb. You say you have an alarm, is this connected to the phone? If so, is it properly filtered?
      it used to be set via the phone line to ring mobiles when activated but its currently not linked to the phone line

Thanks

That's OK then, improperly filtered alarms can have a very bad effect on broadband.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

well im gonna ring sky in the next few days and tell them to sort it out or i will be forced to leave .. after being with them for over 10yrs this usually results in them being prompted ... i mean the 72hrs line testing is over and there doesnt seem to be any real problems with the line or master socket ,, im just shocked as when i rang last month they said check ur connection now and it went as i said before 5meg 10meg etc.. then back to not even 2meg so it shows i can recieve the said amount.. my street has a virgin line so i can easily get upto 50 meg plus my next door neighbour is on sky and he reaches a good amount of dl speed i think his is over 10meg and a neighbour over the road on virgin recieves 47meg of the 50meg tough decision to make tho lol

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

You can't compare fibre optic to ADSL as they're completely different...ultimately your internal setup is the issue so shouting at Sky will get you nowhere...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      You can't compare fibre optic to ADSL as they're completely different...ultimately your internal setup is the issue so shouting at Sky will get you nowhere...
      i was just proving a point that i can get a better deal on virgin thats all well we all know that virgin bb is better but even virgin reps say sky tv is better lol i dunno im not gonna shout im just gonna point out a few things thats all lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast