Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

random disconnections after exchange repairs

This is a discussion on random disconnections after exchange repairs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I switched to Sky unlimited at the beginning of August, it worked perfectly just like my previous isp, never ...

rabiez is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

random disconnections after exchange repairs

Hi,

I switched to Sky unlimited at the beginning of August, it worked perfectly just like my previous isp, never disconnected. A few weeks later it started giving me an amber light almost constantly, when it did connect it would last for no more than a minute. Tried my own non-sky router and it did exactly the same. After a few calls to customer support I finally got through to CST and he checked some ports at the exchange and there were a lot of customers down. A couple of days later the card at the exchange was replaced. Now ever since then I can connect most of the time but it will randomly go amber for a minute or so then reconnect again. Sometimes I can go 12hrs+ without this happening, but then other times it will do it every 10-20mins, its driving me nuts. I've spoken to CST again but it didnt make sense to him because I have a very good signal capable of 16mbit, but various speeds have been tested anyway and it makes no difference, they even sent me another router. Called them again yesterday and this morning, both times I was told someone would call me back in 2hrs, never happened. Starting to lose patience with them now..

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: random disconnections after exchange repairs

Did they get you to try the router in the test socket? If so then I would suggest that something is wrong with your line or the new exchange card. I'm afraid really the only thing to do is to keep ringing them and getting them to check everything.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB