Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Connected but no web

This is a discussion on Connected but no web within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After 15 consecutive days of being connected but not able to load a web page, Sky finally fixed the problem ...

mc*redevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: Connected but no web

After 15 consecutive days of being connected but not able to load a web page, Sky finally fixed the problem yesterday. After numerous calls to sky and at least five promises which they started giving last Friday that I would be fixed the next morning after overnight work, I can once again load a web page.
      I believe sky bounced my card at least once during that time with negative results. On Tuesday sky's escalation team started telling me that the problem was my 7 different PC's and 1 IPod touch that all magically stopped loading web pages at the same time. They said this knowing my laptop could load web pages at Mcdonalds.
      I finally got an escalation manager to agree to a TPS (thanks, Iwasnottheenemy) after I demanded a MAC code and told him I was going to move my BB, telephone and Sky+HD because their customer support was so poor. Within one hour of that call my land line died which I now know is the first step of doing a TPS. I called sky on my mobile to ask how long the TPS would take and they would only say up to three days. Thankfully the next morning at 9:30 the telephone came back to life and magically everything works like it did before the crash on the 7th.
      It is obvious sky has a great reluctance to do TPS. Perhaps there are cost issues as well as I was told BT open reach actually does the work. While I understand a TPS is probably the last resort, surely it should not take 15 days to reach that conclusion and implement the fix. Overall I am very disatisfied with sky.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

Re: Connected but no web

A TPS will flag that port up for 3 months as possibly faulty, which will then mean Sky have to possibly look at swapping out the card and that involves BT engineers and a lot of costs...which is why Sky only do it as a last resort.

The timeframe you've experienced is about right and hats off to Sky for doing things by their processes to eliminate everything before doing so. At least you're now sorted

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12