Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection Dropouts...

This is a discussion on Connection Dropouts... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys, Hoping you can help. Currently running Sky Broadband Unlimited and for the most part, going fine. However, I've ...

sarahdisco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01695
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connection Dropouts...

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help. Currently running Sky Broadband Unlimited and for the most part, going fine.

However, I've got an issue where OH's laptop is suffering badly from connection dropouts (during hands on Sky Poker - eek!). Connection goes from full internet to Local Access Only (icon in Windows Tray changes from 2 monitors with globe to just monitors) after 20 seconds or so it reconnects but for online gaming this isnt ideal.

I've tried both wireless and wired connections, and still having the same issue. My laptop also seems to suffer like this with sites that require constant links such as poker and online games where a slight disconnect results in money lost if you disconnect.

The connection drops seem to be every half hour or so, but its not always guaranteed to happen. Sometimes we hve days where its fine, others where every half hour it disconnects. Sometimes we get the orange light and it will take 2-3 minutes to reconnect, other times no orange light but still a disconnect.

Connection Dropouts...-stats.jpg

I've attached the router stats but if ANYONE can offer any help I'd be really grateful!

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connection Dropouts...

Your noise margin is too low, power cycle the router to get a lower sync and higher margin and you should have no further issues.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connection Dropouts...

How are you connecting the router to the phone line? Your connection stats should be better than that.

Ensure you have filters on ALL used phone sockets and if you can, get the stats again from the TEST socket, this will remove all the internal wiring from the loop and should give you much better results.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket