Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new user - cant connect in bolton

This is a discussion on new user - cant connect in bolton within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, My connection date for sky broadband was 25th September but my old ISP (Pipex) was still working til the ...

bwfcboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bolton
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile new user - cant connect in bolton

Hi,
      My connection date for sky broadband was 25th September but my old ISP (Pipex) was still working til the 28th so I left it as I was expecting a delay anyway from what I`ve read.

Anyway, Pipex went off on the 28th and on the 29th I installed the sky wireless router and connected up but the installation stopped because it couldnt detect an internet signal. Sure enough the little `i` symbol on the front of the box was out.

I called technical help and they said there is a problem at the Bolton exchange that is on going. They said the Bolton exchange had been off since the 27th and suggested I try again the next day.

So I rang the next day but no joy! What is frustrating is that they seem unable to give me any time scale or indication of the size of the fault!!

As I am newly registered and it has never worked for me I wonder if the Bolton exchange has worked at all since it was set up for sky.

Would anyone have any idea what is going on or are there any Bolton users who could tell me if they have had a connection at any time?

Thank you

2. Advertisement
      Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      I had the same my exchange had a problem as Sky said my exchange equipment need to be replaced so your exchange could be the same, my connection was meant to be 25th August and was actually connected 28th Sept I hope your exchange is done asap for you.
      Last edited by Hornet; 02-10-06 at 11:51 AM.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks! I wouldnt mind if they said it would be 2 weeks. Its the not knowing that drives me crackers! Plus, as it has never worked for me I can`t be sure if its something I need to do or not! I`m presuming the `i` light will just come on but will it?

gingerbreadman06 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

bummer

bummer your exchange is havin issues man
      as ya cant get an eta for he fix on your exchange id advise ya just to keep an eye on your dsl light as soon as it goes solid its a prety good sign that your up and runnin hopefully you can get online soon
      hope that helps

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      The i will come on when it's done, you may not be able connect if thats the case you talk to TS and they will get you to enter commands and then hey presto, hope it happens to you soon

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

apparently, they are now telling me this is a BT fault!

They gave me a number to ring BT on but it was an automated system and it cut me off because my line is with Talktalk and therefore `this is not a BT line. Goodbye`!

great! I`ve been offline for 4 days now and nobody can give me the first idea when this will be resolved.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site bwfcboy

Sorry to read about your problems and its a crying shame that BT treat people with other phone providers in that way, I would call Ofcom if I was you and tell them whats going on they could well help or at least point you in the right direction http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi again,
      I tried that ofcom link but all roads seem to lead to `talk to your ISP`

I dont think its come to ofcom yet really!

Im trying to be realistic and empathise with them but the harsh reality is that if I ring up all calm everyday I will get nowhere. If I ring up and start screaming they will be offering me compensation and trying to sort it out.

Sad to say but being reasonable gets you absolutely nowhere.

Is there no other users in Bolton that are having trouble?
      If what they say is true and the whole of the Bolton exchange is down I cant believe Im the only user in Bolton who checks this site!?

7 days without connection now!

Smudge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury MRBUR
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Im having the same issue as you but at the Bury exchange. SKY have told me that there has been a fault at the exchange since the 9th September, my activation date was the 21st Setpember. Up to now I still have no 'i' symbol on my router and every time that I have called SKY they tell me there is no update and no ETA.
      I agree with you that the worst part of this is not knowing what the hell is going on, why does it take so long for a problem at an exchange to be sorted out.
      I understand that this is not SKY's fault and the issue lies with BT, but why are SKY not doing more to push BT for not delivering on there promises.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Smudge,
      What is even more annoying is that my pipex connection is still working for another week but the engineer has literally `pulled the plug` so I cant use it.

For the life of me I can`t understand what could possibly be wrong with an exchange that takes 3 weeks to fix!

You could build a new one in less than that!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast