Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new user - cant connect in bolton

This is a discussion on new user - cant connect in bolton within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I agree. Ive got some clean used yogurt pots and an empty liquid soap bottle and some sticky back plastic, ...

Smudge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury MRBUR
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I agree. Ive got some clean used yogurt pots and an empty liquid soap bottle and some sticky back plastic, im sure I could knock something up in about 5 mins lol.

Hope you get sorted before xmas

2. Advertisement
      Smudge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury MRBUR
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

its alive i tell you alive

Just got home from work and turned on my router. I now have the green 'i'.

I still however cannot set up my email account as I have been told that there is a problem with the homepage and that it has been ongoing for some time with no fix date.

Can anyone advise if they can access the email setup page or are we all having the same issue.

bwfcboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bolton
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

its only bloody working!!

For completeness I will update this thread as I now have a working connection.

I called customer services at 7pm on Saturday 7th and was told that there was no reported fault on the bolton exchange. they then ran a line check which told them that `my port had been disabled` whatever that means.
      They said they would have to elevate the complaint to BT to get someone to enable the port and this might take a few days. I have to say I was less than pleased at this news having waited 8 days already.

Anyway, the `i` light suddenly came on at about 10pm the same evening.
      The question is did it come on by itself or did it come on because the problem was elevated to BT for urgent action?

Nice and polite as they were I can`t help feel that my daily calls to sky were a complete waste of time! It seems that it was probably just a delayed connection and they`ve been spinning me a yarn for over a week.

So now its working, am I happy? I guess so but they really should improve their communication. If someone had said from day 1, there is a week delay in activation due to the volume of people I would have said no problem.

As it is, my experience leads me to say I wouldnt recommend other people connecting just yet.

audio0404 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cant connect in Coventry....

Im having the same issue as you but at the Coventry exchange. sky have told me there a fault at the exchange something to do with DSLAM my activation date was the 12th Setpember. I have no 'i' symbol on my router and every time that I have called SKY they tell me there is no update and like so many people they cant tell me when it's going to be fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12