Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Drop Connection Every 28 Minutes

This is a discussion on Drop Connection Every 28 Minutes within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The noise margin has changed drastically on the second set of stats, have you tried changing the filter? Also do ...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Drop Connection Every 28 Minutes

The noise margin has changed drastically on the second set of stats, have you tried changing the filter? Also do you have anything like burglar alarms etc on the line and have you tried a master/ test socket test if you are not already using your master socket?

2. Advertisement
      tonyg1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01727
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Drop Connection Every 28 Minutes

I never did change the filter. Although there was a thread here about improving the noise margin by rebooting at a busy time, which I did.

Anyway, good news.

I reset the router, turned npnp back off and tried again. It has been up for 90 minutes so the 28 minute problem has gone away.

And it is not just due to a quiet Sunday evening, it failed as before prior to me doing the reset.

Thanks to PaulSky, Maximus007, simonmpoulton and Isitme for all your help.

The favour you have done me getting this working, so I can work for home, is a massive one.

Cheers

Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12