Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

More Connect woes.

This is a discussion on More Connect woes. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Have seen lots of comments about the Connect product (which I am also on). I do not play games online, ...

peterfenton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

More Connect woes.

Have seen lots of comments about the Connect product (which I am also on). I do not play games online, but do use Internet/Outlook etc. and do find it slow in the evenings (now I know why).

Does anyone know if Sky plan to increase their own BB product area becuase it feels like I am paying 17.50 for a product that performs worse than one at 7.50 - surely that cannot be right. I presume Sky are having to pay a third party to get access to and provide the Connect product??

Thanks from a new member - Peter

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Re: More Connect woes.

peterfenton
      Hi Sky connect is a Bt re-badged max product. The problem is Bandwidth there is not enough compared to the amount of connect Customers. 2yrs ago sky started to traffic manage the connect package not enough bandwidth then. Now all the connect Customers that have joined since Sky still have not bought any bandwidth of Bt. that is the reason. But Sky have started to unbundle exchanges in June and July. Have a look at this thread Playstation and net in general

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Yes, as Sky have to pay BT for the connection the cost is passed on to the customer
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

peterfenton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Having read a few of the threads provided above, I have looked at the exchanges operated (if that is the correct word) by Sky. I do not know for sure which is my exchange, but I am guessing it is Longfield, Kent as this is not yet operated by Sky.

Is there any way of finding out whether/when Sky will operate this exchange ?

Thanks

Peter

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

peterfenton
      Hi at the moment Sky have said nothing about unbundling any exchanges. But There is a rumour that after the summer Sky are going to buy some Bandwidth it is on Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down? page 165 post #1642. To see which is your exchange Just put in your details on the link SkyUser - Sky Broadband Availability and Exchange Checker then have a look at SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search and put your exchange name in and press search then next page click on the name again. then you will see your exchange details.