Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Issues with new Sky Router

This is a discussion on Issues with new Sky Router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Iíve had sky broad band for some years now and use it extensively. In general it works but when ever ...

orcay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01923
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Unhappy Issues with new Sky Router

Iíve had sky broad band for some years now and use it extensively. In general it works but when ever there is a problem its a night mare to get it resolved.

For the past few months the signal has been intermittent and suddenly 2 weeks ago internet stopped working completely

Though the router says the connection is excellent I was not getting to open any webpage. When the SPPOA tests in the diagnostics tool are run, it was throwing an authentication error of 200.

After hours of negotiations with the various people in Sky support, I was finally connected to their customer support team (Techies) who said that probably I may need a new router as the current one is 3 yrs old.

After charging me in advance they have sent a new router which arrived 4 days later than they said it would and I have connected it.

Even after connecting to the new router, the signal strength is excellent but still I cant open any page. The level 2 support team (CST) initially told that they have done all they can and that I need to change my laptop. When I mentioned to them that im trying on 3 different devices including laptops, smartphones, etc.. they tried again going thru various things but no luck.

Can any one confirm if they had been thru the same hell and help me with a solution by explaining what the root cause may be ?

All help appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Issues with new Sky Router

Can you post your router stats-
      How to get your router statistics

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.