Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exchange has been enabled - or has it?

This is a discussion on Exchange has been enabled - or has it? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It can sometimes take upto 30 days or so for the exchange to pass all the DSLAM testing etc It ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Exchange has been enabled - or has it?

It can sometimes take upto 30 days or so for the exchange to pass all the DSLAM testing etc

It could be that the exchange was enabled, but not released for customers as such so far. On a positive side, it should be within the next 2 weeks or so if it was enabled on 16th July.

Or Sky could have sold all the ports possibly and so not available because of that reason.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

NR
      Hi do you have any information on the Exchanges that Sky are starting to LLU enabled

JackSparrow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Likewise. I called on 3rd August after discovering my exchange had been LLU'd on 8th July.

The CSR on the phone asked if we had received a letter as all Sky customers in the area could once the upgrade had taken place. I said no but he checked it out and then confirmed he could change me to Sky Broadband unlimited from Connect (save 10 a month, yay!), however it took until the 11th August to get it activated. So now it's apparently been changed although my router stats say otherwise.

Now my downstream is sitting at 4000kbps, 1000kbps roughly less than it was yesterday, although upstream has gone from 440kbps to 650kbps. I didn't note the line attenuation or noise margins though (oops) so can't say if that's any better. My download speeds are no better than previously either

If it doesn't get better by Friday I'll be calling again to get them sort it.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

You are no longer on Sky connect and are at the starting speed for Sky Unlimited, DLM will run on your line for around 10 days and adjust the speed accordingly.

Don't sound so unhappy, many people would give their right arm to be in your position, no more traffic shaping!!!

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If it doesn't get better by Friday I'll be calling again to get them sort it.
      You will be on the 10 day training period. Post your stats and we will give you an idea what you will get. Sky ADSL2+ is a lot more 'sensitive' than BT ADSLMax, so any problems with your internal wiring will be magnified, that is why we usually ask for the stats from the Test socket.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

ntbond is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01495
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I got a letter from Sky today saying that I'd be moved to Unlimited "in the next few months"! I suppose at least I know it's going to happen now, but hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.
      Thanks for all the advice.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

ntbond
      Hi pleased you are going to LLU. You could ring Sky. Saying that when you took Sky connect. You were told as soon as LLU was unbundled in your exchange you would be moved over straight away and your exchange was unbundled Sky / Easynet Enabled as of 16/07/2010 and that you have been on the connect package for over 12 months now. you never know some one may be able to help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12