Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Disconnected after the FIRST day use!

This is a discussion on Disconnected after the FIRST day use! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi My sky broadband actived yesterdy about 10 am. I can understand the starting speed is very slow on the ...

Paulzyg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry Disconnected after the FIRST day use!

Hi
      My sky broadband actived yesterdy about 10 am. I can understand the starting speed is very slow on the first day, it was about 800 kbs download speed and 300 upload.
      But it was disconnected at 1 am at night, and the amber light is on. Is there anyone can help me to solve this? I'm not sure that I can restart my router till this test period.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Disconnected after the FIRST day use!

Post your router stats. How to get your router statistics

How are you connecting the router to the phone socket?

Are you sure that you have an ADSL filter fitted into the phone socket as the very FIRST thing plugged into it?

Remember you also need filters connecting as the FIRST thing in every other used phone socket in the house.

Get your stats from here also if you can, it sounds like you have either an internal wiring or setup issue:- How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket

Paulzyg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

System Up Time: 25:01:40
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 1743298 1729473 0 13988 24628 00:00:00
      LAN 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00
      WLAN 1802061 1838043 0 20269 11528 18:18:48
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 5.5db 6.0db
      Noise Margin 0.-4db 27.0db

It was working OK when it has been actived. I didn't do any change before disconnection. my router is Dlink from sky.
      Now i'm using a USB broadband

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

You have a couple of issues, the first is that I think you have your setup wrong, can you get the stats again from the TEST socket and also explain what you have in terms of telephone sockets, how many and which is the first one connected to the main BT cable.

Your second (which you can not cure) is that you are on Sky Connect which is actually a rebadged BT product, it is severly over capacity with no where near enough bandwidth to go around, especially at peak times, there is only one solution to this and I would strongly advise you take it now before your cooling off period ends, move to another supplier Ring Sky now and tell them that the service is very poor, don't be convinced by any thing they say they can do their end to improve it, they cannot, get your MAC code now and use it!!!!!

Have a look at some of the many threads on here re Sky Connect, nobody would argue that it is one of the very WORST broadband packages in the UK, have you checked to see if there are any LLU suppliers in your exchange?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Now i'm using a USB broadband
      I take it you are using wireless? If so this is probably the reason you are having problems, your stats show that you are connected. Power cycle your router and it should sync at a lower but better speed. Switch the power off for a minute and then back on again.

As Smithy says you have wiring issues or are using the filters incorrectly. Make sure that the filter is the first thing plugged into the phone socket and that everything connected to the phone line is running through a filter, including the Sky box.

I agree with Smithy, unless your exchange has been unbundled and you are waiting for a slot, get out as soon as you can. Plusnet have a good deal going at the moment.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.