Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Draytek Vogor 2710VN running on Sky BB

This is a discussion on Draytek Vogor 2710VN running on Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I recently installed the above router on my unlimited (been told only up to 4mb in my area) ...

mrbriggs is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Draytek Vogor 2710VN running on Sky BB

Hi all, I recently installed the above router on my unlimited (been told only up to 4mb in my area) Sky BB connection. I eventually got it to connect (took a bit of time!) but my speed is definitely slower than before, I was at times downloading at 300kbps on the sky router, but now only getting 130, at best. If I plug the old sky router back in, back to 300, but the wireless is awful on the sky router, so I wanted to use the draytek for better wireless coverage.

Can anyone run through their settings on their draytek so I can compare? It must be a setting that is holding me back.

By the way, I have upgraded the router to the latest firmware, and I am connected to the master socket in the house with no extensions connected.

Thanks for you help guys.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Draytek Vogor 2710VN running on Sky BB

One thing that will slow it down is being set to the wrong mode. If you have the Netgear GT go here -
      Mel's Notes: Dg834gt-1skuk
      click the Detailed Stats button and check the Mode you are using, it could be G,DMT, ADSL2+ or possibly ADSL2, make sure the Daytek is using the same.

Your other settings should be
      Encapsulation: PPPoA
      VPI: 0
      VCI: 38
      Multiplexing: VC

If you are unable to get a good speed with it, your best bet would be to piggy-back it on to the Netgear to allow you to use the better wireless performance. This also has the advantage of not breaking Sky's T & Cs.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.