Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sagem router info needed.

This is a discussion on sagem router info needed. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme If it was the so called 'fun' widget from Danasoft, in my opinion they should be ...

clahman is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Re: sagem router info needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If it was the so called 'fun' widget from Danasoft, in my opinion they should be banned from use on forums. As your case shows they cause unnecessary worry for some users and can lead to users messing up their PC for nothing. If I come across one, I Adblock it.

If you want a decent firewall then Comodo is pretty good. It comes as a suite with AV, but you can install either separately or both together.
      Firewall Antivirus Software Free Download from Comodo

hi, thanks for the links. i started using comodo and i also downloaded adblock for IE8 and chrome if that's what you meant. interestingly comodo had the option to change the dns ip address or something like that. as this is the only pc in use other than my laptop, i decided to let it change this. just thought i would check see if that was a good idea or not.

i made most of the changes hardware secrets suggested for security. the only one i could not tweak was remote access. it looks like it is disabled, but it won't let me enable it. thanks again,,,gordon
      windows8 64 bit ; sky broadband and sky talk ; sagem f@st ethernet router ; 1.90 firmware ; big computer.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: sagem router info needed.

interestingly comodo had the option to change the dns ip address or something like that
      This changes the DNS servers from the Sky ones to Comodos, which are reputedly more secure. Many use the Open DNS servers which do much the same sort of job. You should probably have a read through this for more information -
      Secure DNS

I think the version 2 routers come with Remote Access disabled in the firmware. This is for security reasons. It is not required and will cause no problem.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12