Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgrades to stabilise and enhance your broadband connection.

This is a discussion on Upgrades to stabilise and enhance your broadband connection. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I recently had some problems with my line and sync speed dropping, noise margin problems. When trying to figure out ...

Paradox One is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Upgrades to stabilise and enhance your broadband connection.

I recently had some problems with my line and sync speed dropping, noise margin problems. When trying to figure out what the problem was, I upgraded a few things which didn't cost much, but I feel like the line is much more stable.

If you don't have these things then I highly recommend them.

BT I-Plate is a filter for the NTE5 master socket. It deals with electrical interference that can cause noise on the line and slower sync speeds. Many people have seen improvements on their line when upgrading their socket with this filter.

BT I-Plate (iPlate)

Pro+ RJ11 - RJ11 ADSL 2+ cable. For when quality matters, the highest quality high speed RJ11 cable for connecting an ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ modem to the telephone line. Really great cable of the highest quality.

ADSL Nation LTD.

Pro+ Installation Cable. For when quality matters, the highest quality shielded Pro+ high speed cable for ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ extension wiring. Using high grade low loss twisted-pair cable, combined with foil shielding to reduce interference this cable ensures you will get the absolute best out of your broadband service.

ADSL Nation LTD.

Hope this is helpful to anyone having problems.
      Last edited by Paradox One; 15-07-10 at 10:04 PM.

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Upgrades to stabilise and enhance your broadband connection.

Iplate is outdated, all the new master sockets being installed by BT come with it built in. Additionally a filtered faceplate does the same job as it does with the addition of being able to filter out the adsl signal.
      The Pro+ cable is good but Cat5e cable can do the job equally as well.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Paradox One is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Upgrades to stabilise and enhance your broadband connection.

Sure whatever works. I had an NTE5 socket, and just found out about the I-Plate, but if they have newer and better then that will be a better option.

This for me has been great for improving stability. I would have liked to know about it sooner but only recently experienced problems, which I think was due to electrical interference.