Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What's taking so long?

This is a discussion on What's taking so long? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok, we've had the full TV package for like a decade now, multiroom all that jazz. So decided to upgrade ...

CoconutPete is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

What's taking so long?

Ok, we've had the full TV package for like a decade now, multiroom all that jazz.

So decided to upgrade to everything with Sky, Talk and Broadband Unlimited(in a LLU area so all good), this was back on June 29th I think.

Yet absolutely nothing has changed on the "track your order" page even though it says it should have an update after 24 hours, I rang up today to ask about, and the girl had me on hold for 30 minutes before getting back to me saying "she didn't want to cost me anymore" and would ring me back, she didn't, and I'm not sure how much the number is so I don't want to phone them back. (08442 number).

So, basically, what's the hold up? We were initially told it'd be up and running in 10 working days, and get a letter/online update in a few days at most. Is this normal?

2. Advertisement
      telephone88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Re: What's taking so long?

Best calling back to be honest. Activation and order tracking is very easy to check. You must have spoken to a numpty

Exchange:
      Thanks

They've so kindly cancelled the order now and reasons for it were brilliant...

"It never got moved from the bottom of the pile, so to get it going again we have to cancel it and re-order it"

I also have to go through another 2 hour phone call with my old company to get a MAC....

Yes, I'm thinking the same, why do they have re-order it just to get it moving, why can't they themselves just move the old order up as the next priority?

and why should I have to pay about 15 waiting on hold with my old company to get a new MAC code?

I politely told them no chance unless they give me credit for the phone call to my old company AND the 4 times I've had to ring sky in the past 2 days, the crazy thing is, the last person, the good advisor told me where I was within in like 10 minutes, the other 3 were selling me it again while I was telling them I've done all this and just put me on hold for hours before I just gave up in the end on them. I appreciated the guy so much, I recommended to his supervisor to give him a monster raise -_-

But still, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!

telephone88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Sky place your order on their own system which is then passed on to another system that BT's systems interact with in order to actually process the order. Looks like yours has got stuck somewhere, and with software being software (and sky software at that) it's not as easy as moving something up the pile. All broadband orders are provisioned the same and can't be given priority.

Easiest way to clear the **** up is to cancel the order in it's entirety and to have it all rebooked. Hopefully it won't take that long.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Out of curiosity, about how long is it, in working days, supposed to take from the day I make the order?

littlerosieposie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newcastle
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

10-14 days. But getting a mac is your responsibility, not skys.

lrp

Exchange:
      Thanks

And doing it in the first place is Sky's responsibility not mine. So yeah no need for that comment, I did my part in getting the MAC, they messed it up.

I emailed the CEO and well they got it sorted now with 2 months free for it all line rental/broadband, so that was cool.

Paradox One is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
      and why should I have to pay about 15 waiting on hold with my old company to get a new MAC code?
      Email them and ask them for the MAC?