Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

It took sooo long to register to this site

This is a discussion on It took sooo long to register to this site within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; And no, that isn't something bad about the registration process, but my Sky connection (trying to be clever but failing ...

Ravensky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

It took sooo long to register to this site

And no, that isn't something bad about the registration process, but my Sky connection (trying to be clever but failing ) Hotmail took a lifetime to load and such. haha.

Since yesterday, the connection I get has slammed to a halt. I'll take the PS3 because I'm pretty much married to it. Friends Avatars won't load, the PSN won't load, I an't connect to games online. It's not a problem with the PSN because all my friends are connected fine (and funnily, on Virgin and not Sky)

The computer. The problem has arose just as I need to do some important research for class (and the librarys suck around here, so I pretty much rely on my connection). Google takes to long to load, youtube videos don't even load (I like music during study) and pretty muc eerything needs 5 refreshes before stuff starts popping up

I don't know if you can help, but it's really annoying me. Me and my friend had plans to tear up Uncharted 2 online in a couple hours after my study and it looks like I won't even fnish in a couple hours, let alone connect

My parents know nothing about the router and the connection stuff, I set it up for their laptop and my PS3. It's been working fine for 6 months.

Any infomation I can give you where you guys/gals might be able to help? the router is a SAGEM model and came from Sky. I don't know if it's any good (It seems the whole 192.168 business on this router is so much harder to manouver around than our old Linksys, God bless his soul)

Oh yeah, I'm connected to the router via Ethernet cable right now. wireless is pretty much so slow it's connecting backwards.

I've reset the PS3, laptop, Router, restored my previous backed up settings (when everything worked), turned the router off and on etc

Grrrrr. I'd love you if you help

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: It took sooo long to register to this site

Can you please post up your router stats both from your current position and from the master test socket?

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Ravensky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: It took sooo long to register to this site

I'm sorry, but I've no clue what a master test socket is, or where to get these stats

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks