Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky netgear and ipad connection

This is a discussion on Sky netgear and ipad connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by simonmpoulton Have you used a program such as InssIDER to verify your not conflicting with neighbours channels? ...

mark1000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky netgear and ipad connection

Quote Originally Posted by simonmpoulton View Post
      Have you used a program such as InssIDER to verify your not conflicting with neighbours channels? Have you deselected Auto 108 mode and used g and b?
      The Ipad generally just has a crap wireless range in comparison to other laptops etc, the router has to work harder to send the signal, if changing those settings dont help then you'll just have to accept that it's the ipad that's the problem. The only way to boost the router range really is to fit bigger more powerful antennas.
      Thanks for helping Simon, yes the router is set to G&B, i cant get the scanner prg to work, i do know that there are 5 networks within 20 yards of my house inc my network, i tried to manually set my router to all 11 channels with the same results, heres one weird thing though, a house over the road is using a dlink wireless router with an open network and i get better signal from that than my own two routers, but using it is not an option i would consider.

Can you recommend an ariel booster that would connect to the netgear router's.

PS, would this work.

Edimax EA-IO7D 7dBi Indoor Antenna - 1m Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Mark.

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I'd go for the highest gain SMA connector antenna you can find such as this 9dbi one
      9dbi Antenna
      As for getting inssider to work ensure you have the correct wireless adapter specified and click start scanning. D-link devices generally have a fantastic wireless range so i'm not surprised you can access it.
      Last edited by simonmpoulton; 14-07-10 at 08:51 PM.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

mark1000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonmpoulton View Post
      I'd go for the highest gain SMA connector antenna you can find such as this 9dbi one
      9dbi Antenna
      As for getting inssider to work ensure you have the correct wireless adapter specified and click start scanning. D-link devices generally have a fantastic wireless range so i'm not surprised you can access it.
      Ordered....

Mark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12