Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need to contact CST

This is a discussion on Need to contact CST within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, Just been reading the forum and the general consensus seems to be that the best time to attempt to ...

Steeeve is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Need to contact CST

Hello,

Just been reading the forum and the general consensus seems to be that the best time to attempt to get through to CST is after 11pm, is this still the case? Because I called last night and it just gave me options regarding ordering Box Office items. If so what is the number that you should ring?

Also I want my Max Delays changing, that is the reason I am wanting to call, however what should I say to them? I fear that if I say "I would like my interleaving depth changing to 8" it will fire a blank at them and I will just be taken through the same scripted non-sence.

Thanks Guys!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Need to contact CST

08442 410 515

Just call and tell them you are a gamer and want your maximum delay reduced. You should not be asked to do anything. If the first person you get wants you to run checks tell him/her you are not complaining about anything, you just want passed to CST to have it done. If they prevaricate, hang up and call back in the hope you get someone who will listen.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

On my 3rd call now grrrr...The first woman I spoke to was a joke and completely mis-understood my question. The second guy sounded like he was from CST as he seem knowledgeable and was making some changes however something happened and we got disconnected GRRRR!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Whoo, 3rd attempt, just went for the brute force approach. "Hello, I'm having some problems with my connection, can you please put me through to the Customer Solutions Team?"

"Yup"

"Thanks!"

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

As I said, it depends entirely on who you get. Some are very good and others should not be in the job. Glad you are sorted out.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
      Whoo, 3rd attempt, just went for the brute force approach. "Hello, I'm having some problems with my connection, can you please put me through to the Customer Solutions Team?"

"Yup"

"Thanks!"
      normally CST refuse to take calls if ANY troubleshooting steps have been missed. having said that if you mentioned lowering your max delays/reducing ping times to this guy he may have understood troubleshooting wasnt needed and explained this to CST. if he transferred you without asking about the issue or what you wanted to be done then theres no point in tier 1 even being there

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      normally CST refuse to take calls if ANY troubleshooting steps have been missed. having said that if you mentioned lowering your max delays/reducing ping times to this guy he may have understood troubleshooting wasnt needed and explained this to CST. if he transferred you without asking about the issue or what you wanted to be done then theres no point in tier 1 even being there
      Saying that some of the T1's i've chatted to didnt have a clue what I was on about when I mentioned max delays :P

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

I'm tier 1 and have access to LAMA so would have been able to make the adjustments. Unfortunately not all at tier 1 agents have access, but you might just be lucky and get through to one who does.

However, please be advised, tier 1 agents are not being deliberately difficult, we are simply not allowed to transfer you to CST without an open tech ticket and the completion of troubleshooting steps.

If you are calling wanting to get to CST, call before 11pm. They will be closed after that until 8am the following morning.

sbarkeri is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYSHI
      Thanks

When I was attempting to get my Max Delays changed the Tier 1 agent was clueless to what that even meant, obviously there are some tech savy agents out there as the last poster has shown. However a majority of the ones I've had the pleasure of talking to in the past seem to want to avoid transfering you to CST at all costs even though they admit to not knowing what you are talking about!

harvey1kk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01388
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Thanks

TalkTalk used to do this for you via their forum - I take it Sky doesn't ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast