Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky blocking website?

This is a discussion on Sky blocking website? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Guys -- i have spent the last 3 nights for about an hour each time trying to get sky to ...

Ridders is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01698
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky blocking website?

Guys -- i have spent the last 3 nights for about an hour each time trying to get sky to admit to a problem at their end as well

I cannot access my newsgroups via newsrazor, and they have also locked out Newsgroups and Usenet Access by NewsRazor

They keep saying it is the provider of the websites problem, even although i can access via my vodafone broadband and also my o2 mobile. I have spoken with the provider and they have changed nothing on their server, so they say it is a routing issue at skys end.

I was promised a call back tonight from sky with an answer -- im still waiting

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ridders View Post
      Guys -- i have spent the last 3 nights for about an hour each time trying to get sky to admit to a problem at their end as well

I cannot access my newsgroups via newsrazor, and they have also locked out Newsgroups and Usenet Access by NewsRazor

They keep saying it is the provider of the websites problem, even although i can access via my vodafone broadband and also my o2 mobile. I have spoken with the provider and they have changed nothing on their server, so they say it is a routing issue at skys end.

I was promised a call back tonight from sky with an answer -- im still waiting
      Did you or did you not change your DNS settings to use the OpenDNS servers?
      If not then do that and if it doesnt fix it then yes you have a problem. As it stands I can access those sites just fine.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Just checked it with a site tool and it is down so you may find it's not sky and it's got an intermittent issue.

Thanks

Hi PaulSKy -- its absolutely fine through vodafone and also O2 broadband. I can access the site with no problems on them, but not Sky.

Thanks Simon -- but will this also solve me trying to get through to my newsgroups, as they are resolved using Forteagent to ssl.news-europe.newsrazor.net ?

Thanks guys for your help

Oh and true to form -- no return call from sky lastnight

Thanks

Team -- OpenDNS now in place -- who do i kiss first??? thanks very much -- all up and running, although im not sure if it is that, that has worked, or that i have just uninstalled a new beta version of Internet Explorer 9 that allowed me to sample the new html5.

ANyways -- all done and dusted by the looks of it.... thanks again for helping me sort something that 3 hours worth of calls to sky tech support couldnt -- my next call to them will be to get they support call costs deducted from my bill this month LOL

cheers

Ridders

jacky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Sky blocking website?

I got the same problem. My concern is, my website is used for business use. So even though I could use openDNS it might not be good for people that havent heard of openDNS.
      Tried my website on other computers in the house and dont work. Tried on another ISP on my friends iphone and works fine.
      Strangely, its happen to 3 of my accounts with godaddy hosting them. I talked to my hosting company many times and they are saying they can view it. works with megaproxy as well.
      Sky again, arent saying its there problem.
      Whats the best course of action?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

So even though I could use openDNS it might not be good for people that havent heard of openDNS.
      Why should you worry if others know of it? It is your PCs that are going to use it, it does not matter what others use.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

jacky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Why should you worry if others know of it? It is your PCs that are going to use it, it does not matter what others use.
      sorry. What I meant to say was, I am worried about other SKY users not accessing my website.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I seriously doubt sky would care about people accessing your website. I think you'll find if you wait a week or two for SKY's slow DNS to update for your sites that it'll work fine. That is the problem here SKY have very slow updating DNS servers whereas OpenDNS is very fast to update to changes.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

sorry. What I meant to say was, I am worried about other SKY users not accessing my website.
      If you register with OpenDNS you can get a button for your site which will allow your users to join it. Probably a good idea as far as Sky users are concerned.

Non-operating button
      Attached Images Attached Images

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12