Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help & Advice Required...

This is a discussion on Help & Advice Required... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Okay here it goes. sky put the broadband on the wrong phone line in my house nearly 2 weeks ago ...

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Help & Advice Required...

Okay here it goes.

sky put the broadband on the wrong phone line in my house nearly 2 weeks ago they still havent placed an order with bt to cancel it even though they say they have.

I checked on the bt order tracker system and clicked land line orders and nothing was there for a cancellation.

What do i do how do i get the broadband removed off the wrong line ive wrung bt wholesale they advised 29th September this has been and gone. Sky said within 5 days this was on the 19th september.

How do i get the service removed off the wrong line and placed onto the correct line im getting fed up with waiting and my mac code expires soon from aol.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to say but you have no options open to you until they sort this out as for your MAC Code if you used that for the wrong line then you have a real headache as that will be used by BT to tell AOL you have migrated.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      fantastic.

i am thinking that i may just give up on sky broadband if its not sorted out by the end of this coming week.

the mac code i have is for the right line sky havent taken this off me yet. so hopefully i wont have to wait a week or so for aol to sort this out for me again like i did last time.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I hope you are right the only reason I said about the MAC is if you gave it to SkyBB and BT didn't reject it then there must have been a reason BT accepted it have a look at the BT checker for the AOL line and see what that says.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      theres no open order on the other line (the aol one which is what it should of gone on)

its driving me nuts having to keep ringing sky everyday or every other day to get an update on there **** up its really annoying.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes I can only imagine what its doing to you and others from the post that I have read over the past month, I wish there was a way to help more but as most of the advice given with problems like yours can only come from someone who has already been down that road.
      Ray

click here

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      i say goto the local exchange and unplug it myself.

then goto skys head office and complain like mad.

If only that were easy to do.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Now thats a good idea only problem I would see there though is who do you know whats ones yours Oops sorry neighbours
      Ray

click here

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      lol. true...