Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem No Wireless

This is a discussion on Sagem No Wireless within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey guys Was wondering if anyone can help, I've recently purchased Sky Unlimited internet and already I'm having trouble, I ...

dajackel12 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: leiecester st barnabus
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem No Wireless

Hey guys

Was wondering if anyone can help, I've recently purchased Sky Unlimited internet and already I'm having trouble,

I received my router, connected it all and it seems to be working via the ethernet however the wireless light is not showing up on the router and I can not locate the wireless network on my laptop or iPhone.

Tried contacting sky but after 50 mins on the phone with a complete idiot I gave up and hung up. I figure it's the router as it does not seem to be transmitting a wireless signal at all.

The routers new and just received it the other day, Also the internet works when connected via a ethernet although it is quite slow.

Any advise would be great.

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sagem No Wireless

Ensure the following in the router first and foremost:

- Enable wireless access point and allow broadcast of SSID are both ticked.
      - Change channel from auto to something else.

If there's still no wireless light, then reset the router via the reset button for 10 or more seconds. If still no light, then sky will send you a replacement free.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sagem No Wireless

Go into the router wireless settings and check that the wireless is enabled. If it is and the light is not on you will have to phone Sky for a replacement router.

With your other problem, post your stats from the normal position and from the Test socket.
      How to get your router statistics
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket

You are aware that your speed will be set to a maximum of 4Mb for the first few days, DLM will then start and increase it to its maximum stable speed .

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.