Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SLOW BB Unlimited...Radio Buffering & Bad gameing lag etc

This is a discussion on SLOW BB Unlimited...Radio Buffering & Bad gameing lag etc within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Look at the Attached Devices link in the router settings. This will show you what is connected and what address ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: SLOW BB Unlimited...Radio Buffering & Bad gameing lag etc

Look at the Attached Devices link in the router settings. This will show you what is connected and what address they have been given.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      wannabgeek is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Clacton-on-sea
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Just done that and as u see nothing of that IP is listed (below pic)
      I am sure something is wrong here because upon logging into my router again
      i now see the upnp is unticked (below has a tick) I am the only person in my house that has access to my PC. Would there be a program/device that can turn this on ps?....So strange

1.16 direct from Clacton-on-sea,s Holland Rd Exchange
      [1.61 Road]

Thanks

That is a bit strange. What I would do is disconnect everything from the router and reboot it by switching off the power for a minute or two then switch it back on. Now plug in your PC and go to the Attached devices page in the router settings, make anote of what is connected. You should see only one device, your PC. Keep that page open and plug in your other devices one at a time, clicking the Refresh button after each one. Unless you have given any of your devices a fixed address, the router should start giving out addresses starting with 192.168.0.2 and increase by 1 with each device added.

I am a bit confused as to why you need 2 switches with so few devices. There are 4 ports available in the router which should be more than enough for your requirements.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks isitme i will do that. I use the 2 comtrend homeplugs rather than having a wireless system. Apparently homeplugs work better for gaming. I also did not want wires running every where. Get back soon. Thanks
      [1.61 Road]

Thanks

Thanks isitme i will do that. I use the 2 comtrend homeplugs rather than having a wireless system. Apparently homeplugs work better for gaming. I also did not want wires running every where. Also the UPNP problem i was having with the routers hmepage box being ticked/unticked, was actually down to my firefox having the prog 'No script' installed. This program lets you manually allow/forbid scripting on the browser page. As you probably know!

Thanks get back asap
      [1.61 Road]

Thanks

I see now what is happening. It just a bit of confusion in the terminology. Home plugs are not switches, although some types can include a switch. They are allocated IP addresses by the router which is where your stray addresses are coming from.

I stopped using No Script a while back as I thought it was more bother than it was worth. I did not think it could make changes to the router settings, that is a new one on me.

What I would do is place all your devices in the Reserved Address list of the router. To do this do as I suggested in post 14 and when you have added all the devices, go to the Address Reservation Table in the LAN IP Setup and add each one to the list. Before you start would be better unplugging the Homeplugs and plugging them in one at a time, so you can name them, Master and Slave. You can add names for each device in the List, in fact if the device is shown as Unknown you will be prompted to do so. When you do this, a look at the list will show which devices are connected.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12