Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs

This is a discussion on Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; See whanever you have a problem (speed, trouble accessing certain sites, etc) and you phone your ISP your problems are ...

poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs

See whanever you have a problem (speed, trouble accessing certain sites, etc) and you phone your ISP your problems are always (like 9/10) magically fixed as soon as you hang up the phone. It's like you always have to phone every now and again (like every 2 months) to keep them in check.

This happens to me anyway.

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs

LMAO alot of people on this forum work for an ISP and i can guarantee you, you dont know what youre talking about. if you call sky there is nobody in tier 1 who cant actually change anything and even if you get to CST your are on sky connect and sky cannot change a thing(BT can).

you phone up every couple of months for a chat by the sounds of it because sky cant touch your connection.

Jack's Smirking Revenge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      LMAO alot of people on this forum work for an ISP and i can guarantee you, you dont know what youre talking about. if you call sky there is nobody in tier 1 who cant actually change anything and even if you get to CST your are on sky connect and sky cannot change a thing(BT can).

you phone up every couple of months for a chat by the sounds of it because sky cant touch your connection.
      This man, he talk wise.

BB tier one cannot do anything. It would amaze you the amount of people in the department who don't even have access to penfold or PDS.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge View Post
      This man, he talk wise.

BB tier one cannot do anything. It would amaze you the amount of people in the department who don't even have access to penfold or PDS.
      99% of the centre im based in, and half the people who are ALLOWED access dont know/care how to use it. if they gave these tools to people who do actually care instead of agents that fob people off at every available opportunity(because they dont know anything about broadband faults or just cant be bothered) then i would be a happy man its never going to happen unfortunately, i threatened to quit over it(not having access to even read only tools that are essential for tech support) and was pointed to the door. im not going to be there for much longer for this reason

Captain W is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky BB Unlimited 14.2Mb
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      99% of the centre im based in, and half the people who are ALLOWED access dont know/care how to use it. if they gave these tools to people who do actually care instead of agents that fob people off at every available opportunity(because they dont know anything about broadband faults or just cant be bothered) then i would be a happy man its never going to happen unfortunately, i threatened to quit over it(not having access to even read only tools that are essential for tech support) and was pointed to the door. im not going to be there for much longer for this reason
      Perhaps you should just email your boss from your email address linked with your profile here - save them and you some hasstle

Captain W is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky BB Unlimited 14.2Mb
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge View Post
      This man, he talk wise.

Why would you need access to Penfold or PDS for broadband speeds? If a customer's set-up is correct, there should be no reason for reconfiguring of a line - unless the previous set-up was wrong and DLM profiled the line incorrectly off course.

@ OP - even a reset of your router which you can do yourself can improve speed, as well as lots of other things and this may be why you think all of a sudden your speed improves ...

Exchange:
      Thanks

Perhaps you should just email your boss from your email address linked with your profile here - save them and you some hasstle
      more than happily, i will voice my concerns to my boss(i do) and to sky users and even to mr darroch himself if he will listen. getting fired doesnt worry me, i could get the same sort of pay working in a fast food place and as i pointed out, i am leaving shortly. my experience with pc tech issues(i have been building and repairing pc's for years) and broadband tech issues is worth alot more than they pay and alot more respect than they give. im sure some sky staff(higher up than myself) read this forum, i dont care as i dont have much to lose and if sky dont like me posting nearly 400 posts(majority of which i would like to hope helped people) its their loss all i have done is helped lower their call volume.

Why would you need access to Penfold or PDS for broadband speeds? If a customer's set-up is correct, there should be no reason for reconfiguring of a line - unless the previous set-up was wrong and DLM profiled the line incorrectly off course.
      well, probably 10-20%(maybe less) of calls to bb tech are speed issues, and yes pretty much all of them require setup adjustments which is fine, takes a few minutes. the problem then is running round for 10 minutes trying to get a line reconfigured by somebody whows less about line stats/config than you do. alot of the other 80-90% of calls would be easier with penfold as bb tech always gets calls whereby broadband has been ceased or is awaiting provision or there has been a delay etc.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky need to find that fine line between tier 1 and CST. I know when I was in tier 1 that I only had swish, the watered down version of lama which the only helpful thing on that is the tone test. I know some tier 1s are given lama now, which is cool if you know how to use it. As much as giving tier 1 lama, pacman, penfold, iris, openreach portal logins, network analyser etc. would be great; on the same hand, you'd have some morons (much like cst in honesty) who have not one clue how to use these and could potentially just turn CST into a fault logging team or even obsolete.

Exchange:
      Thanks

half these tools have been given to SOME agents, along with basic training, they just didnt assign these tools to people with technical knowledge/experience in mind. they should have either given the likes of lama and penfold to all of tier 1 or given it to a few users based on technical knowledge/agent stats/tenure rather than just picking a favourite team member(or given it to nobody). the problem in CST is that some people have the tools and dont know how to use them and the problem in tier one is some people know how to use the tools but dont have access while they have to remind/show users that do have these tools what to do.

the read only tools should definately be given to agents, no harm could come of it :/

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

True that on the read-only tools. I had access to lama through a read-only UKOL login when I was tier 1, but it was just as frustrating not being able to suspend dlm/uncap/change inp/max delays etc. as not having it at all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast