Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs

This is a discussion on Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by misfit96 more than happily, i will voice my concerns to my boss(i do) and to sky users ...

orbiter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ box

Re: Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      more than happily, i will voice my concerns to my boss(i do) and to sky users and even to mr darroch himself if he will listen. getting fired doesnt worry me, i could get the same sort of pay working in a fast food place and as i pointed out, i am leaving shortly. my experience with pc tech issues(i have been building and repairing pc's for years) and broadband tech issues is worth alot more than they pay and alot more respect than they give. im sure some sky staff(higher up than myself) read this forum, i dont care as i dont have much to lose and if sky dont like me posting nearly 400 posts(majority of which i would like to hope helped people) its their loss all i have done is helped lower their call volume.

well, probably 10-20%(maybe less) of calls to bb tech are speed issues, and yes pretty much all of them require setup adjustments which is fine, takes a few minutes. the problem then is running round for 10 minutes trying to get a line reconfigured by somebody whows less about line stats/config than you do. alot of the other 80-90% of calls would be easier with penfold as bb tech always gets calls whereby broadband has been ceased or is awaiting provision or there has been a delay etc.
      Sounds like the place sure will be worse off without you misfit. It's people like you who get things done these days. Half of the staff in many places today are only there to do as little as possible for a quick paycheck, which as well as being a shame is pathetic too. I was in the same situation as a motor technician for Nissan many years ago.. There were a few guys in the workshop who were top mechanics & worth tens times what they were being paid, and not just because they could repair almost anything, more because they had morals and their customers actually meant something to them. Whilst on the other hand some of the fellas were absolutely useless, couldn't diagnose or repair something that wasn't even broken! Yet even though they'd passed exams and got certificates they were crap at their job and had no people skills at all.
      It's a real shame when certain hard workers (like us) are suppressed & have to suffer because of idiots who couldn't give a toss!

Anyway rant over All the best to ya misfit and I hope that wherever you end up, your appreciated and not restricted by idiots & bureaucracy

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Belfast, NI

Re: Have you ever noticed this about all ISPs

thank you orbiter very much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12