Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

do sky do a rapidshare on us connect users?

This is a discussion on do sky do a rapidshare on us connect users? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by misfit96 ISP's despise speedtest websites due to their unreliability which generally causes people with perfect connections(problems elsewhere) ...

poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: do sky do a rapidshare on us connect users?

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      ISP's despise speedtest websites due to their unreliability which generally causes people with perfect connections(problems elsewhere) to complain about slow speeds.

as i have pointed out, you are different. sky cannot see your actual speed because your sync speed is meaningless on sky connect.

what?

i understand exactly what you mean, you are on a poor package and it is dismally slow and yet you keep complaining instead of doing something about it
      I'm just saying that ISPs can apply their own speeds and that this would give you false readings on speed test sites. I bet a lot of people go "hmm my speed seems kinda slow" and then after they do a speed test go "must be youtube again"

These companies save money everytime they or we blame it on something else.

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poorbroadband View Post
      I'm just saying that ISPs can apply their own speeds and that this would give you false readings on speed test sites. I bet a lot of people go "hmm my speed seems kinda slow" and then after they do a speed test go "must be youtube again"

These companies save money everytime they or we blame it on something else.
      Can you prove your statements, as if you can, you have a pretty huge and lucrative case on your hands against any ISP you've ever had.

I assume, of course, that you cannot. Mate, seriously, please listen once and for all. I'll sum it up for you:

Sky connect = BT DSLAM (bt ipstream which is a bt wholesale managed product)
      Sky LLU (base, everyday, unlimited) = SKY lucent DSLAM/ISAM

Sky connect = traffic managed by sky as they blatantly suggest in their terms and conditions.
      Sky LLU = not shaped/managed/throttled in any way and ask yourself what good it would do for ISPs to randomly limit bandwidth to customers?

You're not educating people; you're giving incredibly false opinions on which you have no basis apart from your misunderstanding of how adsl functions.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      Can you prove your statements, as if you can, you have a pretty huge and lucrative case on your hands against any ISP you've ever had.

I assume, of course, that you cannot. Mate, seriously, please listen once and for all. I'll sum it up for you:

Sky connect = BT DSLAM (bt ipstream which is a bt wholesale managed product)
      Sky LLU (base, everyday, unlimited) = SKY lucent DSLAM/ISAM
      It's best you forget about that because I'm talking about all ISPs.

Sky LLU = not shaped/managed/throttled in any way and ask yourself what good it would do for ISPs to randomly limit bandwidth to customers?
      Well, why invest so much on upgrading when you can randomly limit bandwidth to customers? "Oh it can't be your ISP because mine works just fine" or "It must be the server that's slow beause I did a speed test" or "Every other site works so it must be just the youtube server" or "Your line must be damaged because my Internet woks just fine"

They slow you down because they know that a million things can go wrong anyway. I'm not saying it's their fault all the time but I do think they randomly limit bandwidth to customers because a) Saves them money and b) They can get away with it and c) They know that they can always get away with it by blaming it on something else
      Last edited by poorbroadband; 24-05-10 at 01:33 AM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I'm not asking for your opinion on the subject, I asked for undeniable proof for the claims you're suggesting. I suggest you take your 'facts' to OFCOM, your solicitor and also the media as you're going to be a rich man.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I'm not asking for your opinion on the subject, I asked for undeniable proof for the claims you're suggesting. I suggest you take your 'facts' to OFCOM, your solicitor and also the media as you're going to be a rich man.
      I don't have proof. Hey it wouldn't be illegal anyway because, if you think about it, it is just a simple way of keeping things running without having to splash the cash so often. But they obviously wouldn't tell people this because it would make a lot of people look elsewhere.

Exchange:
      Thanks

My grammer's getting worse....

Trust me, 90% of your connection problem(s) is due to your ISP temporarily tampering with your connection. A lot of errors on pages are prolly faked in a bid to keep you away from the site for a while (Maybe for a few hours or so because that site uses a lot of bandwidth).

anyway I'm off

Edit

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poorbroadband View Post
      My grammer's getting worse....

Trust me, 90% of your connection problem(s) is due to your ISP temporarily tampering with your connection. A lot of errors on pages are prolly faked in a bid to keep you away from the site for a while (Maybe for a few hours or so because that site uses a lot of bandwidth).

anyway I'm off

Edit
      No, I won't trust what you say, because it's absolute nonsense, mate. I work for sky customer solutions and I can guarantee you that 90% or more of speed related issues come from internal wiring faults within the premises or if it's specifically browsing related, it's firewalls/virus/spyware etc. The reason you have a crap connection is down to the connect package. End of story; now, stop giving this type of advice out over the forum as, and I mean this in the least offensive way possible, you obviously do not know what you're talking about.

And, yes, it would be illegal - it would more than likely be fraudulent misrepresentation.

misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

No, I won't trust what you say, because it's absolute nonsense, mate. I work for sky customer solutions and I can guarantee you that 90% or more of speed related issues come from internal wiring faults within the premises or if it's specifically browsing related, it's firewalls/virus/spyware etc. The reason you have a crap connection is down to the connect package. End of story; now, stop giving this type of advice out over the forum as, and I mean this in the least offensive way possible, you obviously do not know what you're talking about.

And, yes, it would be illegal - it would more than likely be fraudulent misrepresentation.
      i second that

somehow i dont think OP understands, his idea of how ADSL broadband works is astonishing and my faith in humanity is disintergrating with every new post he submits

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Maybe if we ignore him he will just go away

Exchange:
      Thanks

I dunno, this is why I think they do it because it is impossible to prove it. So if you could do it and get away with it, then why not?

Edit: It would be impossible to prove it because whenever my Internet goes **** slow your (or someone else's) Internet goes blistering fast.

"somehow i dont think OP understands, his idea of how ADSL broadband works is astonishing and my faith in humanity is disintergrating with every new post he"

I know how it works.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast