Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do Sky Block Ports...

This is a discussion on Do Sky Block Ports... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; When I was in tier 1, I'd still offer my knowledge on things that sky don't support. Sky have always ...

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Do Sky Block Ports...

When I was in tier 1, I'd still offer my knowledge on things that sky don't support. Sky have always said as long as you reiterate to the customer that it's totally 'passive support', then fix it by all means.

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Thinking about it, I don't suppose it is, it is what we here call a 'fob-off', something some Sky support personnel are very good at.
      If you are in Tier 1 and can't answer a users questions, you should pass them to someone who can.
      might as well just close tier 1 then because 99% of the agents can barely follow a script let alone use their own knowledge/technical skills. its not the fault of tier 1 agents really, its sky's fault.

davidmcd88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01236
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      might as well just close tier 1 then because 99% of the agents can barely follow a script let alone use their own knowledge/technical skills. its not the fault of tier 1 agents really, its sky's fault.
      "blame sky" easiest option eh?

weird how when you tell a customer something cannot be done they never beleive it

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcd88 View Post

weird how when you tell a customer something cannot be done they never beleive it
      im not surprised, the variation in knowledge and skills with sky tech support is unreal. people call sky and have to question everything because they used to being lied to/misinformed!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I think you may be misunderstanding. The inference is that Sky do not train properly, this why they are to blame. I don't suppose you can blame them really, it is much cheaper to pay someone a minimum wage to man a call centre and use a script than it is to train and pay proper support personnel. I am sure a great number of queries can be solved using the script, it is the ones which can't that cause the problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOF006 View Post
      Lol, two different sides of the story here but I suppose Sky aren't allowed to help you with everything?
      Here are some of the calls I have had.

"I can't connect to my broadband, my screen keeps going blue and the pc turns itself off."

"I can't get onto my pc, it wants a username and password"

Last week I had an absolute corker.

"Everytime I try and type into the address bar its all gobbeldygook and its because I changed to sky broadband."

No, actually, its cos your keyboard is screwed and you are ringing your isp for free pc tech support rather than pay someone to fix it. He seemed quite miffed that Sky didn't have a department who could mend broken computers.

Then there are the ones who ring and start either shouting and swearing at you, talking to you like something they scraped off their shoe, or blaming you personally for everything they dislike about sky, even though you are doing your very best to try and be polite, patient and helpful. One particularly nice chap told me to "shut up and let the customer talk because I pay your wages."

Or the "IT Experts" who are just like some little elitist club trying to make you feel stupid. My thoughts on that are, if you're such an expert why is it you need to ring me, since you feel i'm incompetent?

For every poor sky agent you feel are there, there are just as many rude, arrogant, unpleasant customers, who often seem to forget they are talking to a person on the phone, and not something that is beneath them.

Please try and bear in mind, most of us do our best to resolve the issues, we will give additional help and information where we can. We also have a certain length of time to complete the call, certain things we need to get done, and information we need to give you.

Ranting, swearing, demanding a manager (who can only usually give the same information we have) and blaming the agent you are speaking to for everything including bad weather isn't getting you anywhere. And frankly, we don't get paid enough to listen to it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

oh we have all been there. i spent 30 minutes explaining that if you press the wireless switch on your laptop and your screen turns blue that is not a broadband issue. i told them to turn off AND unplug their router and the screen still turns blue when they press the wireless switch but he still wanted to cancel because "it worked a few days ago when he was at a friends house".

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Ha, the sad thing is that all of those calls sound familiar - we've all had them probably!

Although, I think I could honestly count on one hand the amount of times someone has swore directly at me or has been borderline abusive. Last time someone was like that on the phone would have been months back, when some woman wouldn't plug into her test socket because she's 'not an engineer'. Advised her as much as possible that it's simple and bt recommend it, but no. Then comes the 'put me onto someone who knows what they're doing'. If it gets to that point, I usually just say 'ok, you're going to have to call back then. Is there anything else I can help you with?'. Then asks to speak to a manager, which obviously will tell her exactly what I've already suggested. So, manager comes on the phone and she starts being abusive. He basically rips her a new one and a few minutes later she'll call back whilst in the test socket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12