Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Results 1 to 10 of 10

    I've noticed a pattern

    This is a discussion on I've noticed a pattern within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Every site I frequently visit (except google) eventually goes slow . This throttling was designed to throttle sites like youtube ...

    1. #1
      poorbroadband's Avatar
      poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      116
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      I've noticed a pattern

      Every site I frequently visit (except google) eventually goes slow . This throttling was designed to throttle sites like youtube but I think it leaves its affect on every other site too.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #2
      emrobin's Avatar
      emrobin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Warboys
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      108
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      Definitely. I visit a lot of news and sports sites and those load very slow as well. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to a minute for the site to load. They're throttling everything on my line, not just streaming media/software downloads.
      Peak usage speed test

    4. #3
      dms05's Avatar
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Wirral
      Posts
      1,692
      Thanks
      12
      Thanked 52 Times in 50 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      I guess it's a problem of Sky Connect. I'm on 'proper' Sky Broadband and these problems never occur. For example the BBC News Frontpage loads in a fraction of a second all day/everyday except when the BBC servers are slow.

      You'd almost certainly be better using another ISP if Sky can't offer any hope of your exchange switching to LLU and thus offering you full Sky BB.

    5. #4
      poorbroadband's Avatar
      poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      116
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      Quote Originally Posted by dms05 View Post
      I guess it's a problem of Sky Connect. I'm on 'proper' Sky Broadband and these problems never occur. For example the BBC News Frontpage loads in a fraction of a second all day/everyday except when the BBC servers are slow.

      You'd almost certainly be better using another ISP if Sky can't offer any hope of your exchange switching to LLU and thus offering you full Sky BB.
      I don't know about that because you can watch just about every Premier League game on the Net for nothing. Are you being completely honest? No problems with streaming say after 7?

    6. #5
      misfit96's Avatar
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Belfast, NI
      Posts
      415
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      well i have no problems streaming 24/7

      i could download a premiership football game in less than a minute

      what are you implying?

      the problem is with sky connect, not other ISP's... not the internet...

      dms5 is on a LLU package, you are not. there is no reason why he should have problems streaming yourself however.. it would be very abnormal not to have problems streaming, go and read the thousands of posts about the connect package or educate yourself to know the difference between a rebranded BT product and skys fairly faultless LLU service

    7. #6
      poorbroadband's Avatar
      poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      116
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      well i have no problems streaming 24/7

      i could download a premiership football game in less than a minute

      what are you implying?

      the problem is with sky connect, not other ISP's... not the internet...

      dms5 is on a LLU package, you are not. there is no reason why he should have problems streaming yourself however.. it would be very abnormal not to have problems streaming, go and read the thousands of posts about the connect package or educate yourself to know the difference between a rebranded BT product and skys fairly faultless LLU service

      Yeah I know but Sky could pull a sly one on Max users too. Yeah you have no problems streaming but they prolly slow you down just enough to prevent you from watching free Football.

      Live streaming is different. So what's live streaming like?

      Edit: Watch a live stream say after 7

    8. #7
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,211
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 373 Times in 304 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      Quote Originally Posted by poorbroadband View Post
      Yeah I know but Sky could pull a sly one on Max users too. Yeah you have no problems streaming but they prolly slow you down just enough to prevent you from watching free Football.
      I have never ever had those issues when I was on Max. It is totally unrestricted, (or it was the 3 years or so that I was on it)




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    9. #8
      misfit96's Avatar
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Belfast, NI
      Posts
      415
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      yep its still totally unrestricted

    10. #9
      User05's Avatar
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Posts
      3,030
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 171 Times in 164 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      For the last time, sky LLU is not throttled in any way. How many times does this have to be reiterated to you?

    11. #10
      SOF006's Avatar
      SOF006 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: ASUS DSL-N66U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      314
      Thanks
      2
      Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

      Re: I've noticed a pattern

      Sky Connect = fail
      Sky Unlimited/Max/Mid = Win

      Sky Connect gets throttled
      Sky Unlimited/Max/Mid doesn't.

      Thats why you experience slow video loading and slow website loading.

     

     

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION