Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

websites that dont work!

This is a discussion on websites that dont work! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Not me either....

bktyee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Not me either.

2. Advertisement
      scarey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Here's a sneaky way of seeing if a web-site is alive or whether it's Sky's dodgy IP range being blocked...

http://www.pr0xy.co.uk/

Even www.morethan.com and www.microsoft.com work through this, although everything through this is slooow, but it proves that it's SKY's fault at least!

Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Is it deffo skys ips being blocked or sky blocking websites? has anyone deleted skys browser from add/remove programme to see if they have blocks built into to their branded i.e?

I can get in microsoft no worries, its weird how some people can get in some and not others. Having seen sky admit to blocking SOME sites then im not surprised people are having issues.

All i got was, we are aware there is an ongoing problem with sites being blocked etc.

Jdoki is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I think you may have answered your own question there. If you can get in to microsoft.com and others can not then it is unlikely that Sky are selectively blocking user access to specific sites - much more likely that certain IP ranges have not yet propogated through the various filters.

There was a post earlier on in this thread from someone registered as Sky Support, who gave a pretty plausible sounding answer. However this info doesn't seem to have reached the various levels of phone tech support at Sky (or they don't want to admit it). I placed four calls, and all went down the usual 'try this, change that, reset the other' road.

I went active on the 13th and still the access problems continue. I am currently trying to cancel my account.

Just to add... www.myspace.com is not accessible for me.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 18-09-06 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

andymccann Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

If you want an amusing aside

I will try the proxy route if only to get the missus off my back!

There has been lots of interesting stuff on here, I think the tracer post is the most useful as that proves its not local to your PC (so you don't have to waste time going through the standard scripts!)

I can't get myspace either, want to know the funny aside, Mr Murdoch owns myspace....kind of...and youcan't get at it from his own broadband supply.....I'd laugh if I wasn't so wazzed off about the hole thing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4697671.stm

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I got onto www.myspace.com no problem in fact I can get onto most of the ones that have been reported here but it would seems my MSN has now decide to stop connecting keep getting the same damn error code 80072745 and when you run Troubleshoot it show everything is ok it driving me nuts
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      all them work fine for me
      "To help would be a great adventure"

andymccann Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

So why......

is it working for some and not for others? It makes no sense given the problem description for the sky guy a few pages earlier......

I am on max, could it depend on the level you are signed up to (so the range problem is only affecting the max guys?)

Any thoughts?

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      hmm dunno im on MAX it could be that the range your using at the moment might not have been updated?

only thing i can think of
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ignore my last post about about MSN I forgot I was testing out UPnP and thought I had disabled it again and I hadn't so its all working again now
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast