Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About to Cancel because of SVBN

This is a discussion on About to Cancel because of SVBN within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by User05 I had a customer come through with an attenuation of 81db tonight - crazy. If the ...

pau1777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton in Makerfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: About to Cancel because of SVBN

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      I had a customer come through with an attenuation of 81db tonight - crazy.

If the connection is unstable, as seen by the low SNR, then you should keep on at sky. Or at least get them to cap the downstream sync to 512 or 768.
      I did think about this, but I do object to asking them to cap my line down again when I have previously had 1.5mb on the same line.
      It seems the SVBN does not like my line, the BT line seemed to be much better with my long line, even though it is the same line just plugged into a different part of the exchange!

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

You mentioned earlier that your phone is quieter than normal - it could be worth logging a fault with SVBN sky talk and check if everything is fine on the pstn end after the move over to SVBN to check whether that's affecting the bb at all.

HDCheapskate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WWEXTR
      Thanks

You mentioned earlier that your phone is quieter than normal - it could be worth logging a fault with SVBN sky talk and check if everything is fine on the pstn end after the move over to SVBN to check whether that's affecting the bb at all.
      Absolutely - voice faults have to be treated with a much greater priority than ADSL faults as everyone in the country is entitled to a working voice service according to OFCOM - not so with broadband (yet).

If all else fails and you do come to the end of your tether - you can call BT; but if you do call them to go back; ask to speak to "Customer Options" and request a "Return to Donor" order. This way you won't have to pay any fees and you can keep your number. Just something to keep in mind

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Thanks

A return to donor order is not always without cost, and there is no guarantee of number transfer.

pau1777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton in Makerfield
      Thanks

When I told Sky about the quiet line the said they could run a " line test" and if that passed, which it did there was nothing else they could do.
      So frustrating that they wont accept that there could be some faults with their system.

I will look at returning to BT but my contract needs to end first, although would I be able to end early due to the change in the terms of the contract i.e. not with BT line anymore? If anyone has experience of this could they let me know.
      Thanks again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123