Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Back to Sky :)

This is a discussion on Back to Sky :) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Smithy99 Have you taken line rental from Sky? if you have then that will lilely be the ...

James_478 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aycliffe [NEAYC]
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Back to Sky :)

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      Have you taken line rental from Sky? if you have then that will lilely be the cause.

Personally, I would do everythng in my power to stop this happening, ring Sky and tell them you do not want the line rental or want to opt out of their SVBN system if they will allow it.
      I do have Line Rental with Sky, I have done for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by dsldude View Post
      When I left o2 I got the same email, even though I called them up and asked for a Mac code and gave them the reason for leaving and the line is still with BT anyway, the move across to Sky still went fine though.
      Yeah everything seems to have gone through okay now

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      i think the difference is your actual line settings, 02 may be able to set your target SNR lower than 7db whereas 7db is as low as sky go. your router will sync in with the highest possible speeds to leave you with a SNR of 7db, i may be wrong however
      Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      O2's target SNR is 6dB I believe...
      O2s target SNR is 6dB yeah. Whenever I rebooted the router with O2 my SNR would always be 6dB to begin with.

I've switched back to my own router too. I've given up with the Sky Router. The Wireless is just not good enough :/ It drops out every now and again.

I've also checked this morning (since switching routers) and my sync is different:

Downstream: 9893kbps
      Upstream: 945kbps
      Attenuation Down: 41db
      Attenuation Up: 23.8db
      SNR Down: 7.0db
      SNR Up: 14.2db

I take it this is as good as I am going to get?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I have the same issue with the O2 Wireless Box - keeps turning itself off!!

Might need to get a new one, all my PCs have Wireless-N in them so may as well make the most of them!

As for you, downstream this is probably it but there's more to be had on the upstream...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

James_478 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aycliffe [NEAYC]
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      I have the same issue with the O2 Wireless Box - keeps turning itself off!!

Might need to get a new one, all my PCs have Wireless-N in them so may as well make the most of them!

As for you, downstream this is probably it but there's more to be had on the upstream...
      I can live with the downstream, it's not too far away from what I had

Hopefully just teething problems, but I have had a few pages time out and a quick refresh brings them back to life :/

I never ONCE had to call O2 because of issues, everything was perfect. I was just not willing to pay 15 for what I wanted, seeing as though I canceled the mobile account with them.

However, youtube videos appear to buffer much quicker with Sky. Weird.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12