Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everyday Upgrade Question

This is a discussion on Everyday Upgrade Question within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Please help. I'm on the Everyday package which I'm currently paying 5 for. If I were to upgrade to the ...

webby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02380
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Everyday Upgrade Question

Please help.

I'm on the Everyday package which I'm currently paying 5 for. If I were to upgrade to the 20mb unlimited package, which is currently 10, will that drop to 7.50 next month?

I ask this cos I'm probably going to exceed my download limit this month and sky say they will automatically upgrade me for an extra 5. What I want to know is, will it stay at 10 (in total) given that the new packages in june are being priced at 7.50

I'm happy to go up to unlimited, even though my current line might only go up 6mb, but am I going to be charged 10 every month?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Everyday Upgrade Question

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
      Please help.

I'm on the Everyday package which I'm currently paying 5 for. If I were to upgrade to the 20mb unlimited package, which is currently 10, will that drop to 7.50 next month?

I ask this cos I'm probably going to exceed my download limit this month and sky say they will automatically upgrade me for an extra 5. What I want to know is, will it stay at 10 (in total) given that the new packages in june are being priced at 7.50

I'm happy to go up to unlimited, even though my current line might only go up 6mb, but am I going to be charged 10 every month?

Thanks
      existing customers on the everyday package will be moved to unlimited in September and new customers will only be offered everyday lite or unlimited from June.

if you upgrade to unlimited now and take(or already have) sky talk line rental then your unlimited broadband will be free for 6 months so this is an offer with signing up for(you can do this until 31/05/10).

if you stay on everyday then you will be auto-upgraded to unlimited in September but will not be eligible for the 6 months free unlimited broadband.

hope this helps

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      existing customers on the everyday package will be moved to unlimited in September and new customers will only be offered everyday lite or unlimited from June.

if you upgrade to unlimited now and take(or already have) sky talk line rental then your unlimited broadband will be free for 6 months so this is an offer with signing up for(you can do this until 31/05/10).

if you stay on everyday then you will be auto-upgraded to unlimited in September but will not be eligible for the 6 months free unlimited broadband.

hope this helps
      Ok, so I can do this upgrade and get that offer even though I'm an existing customer? I do have Sky Talk Unlimited actually. Oh, I just realised you said line rental. Not sure I want my line rental with Sky.

This is what sky's email says: "Please remember this means that if you go over your allowance again before 1st June you'll move to Sky Broadband Unlimited at our current price of 5 extra a month. If you exceed your usage allowance within 5 months but after 1st June we'll automatically move you to our Sky Broadband Unlimited package at it's new lower price of just 2.50 extra a month."

So, is there anyway that Sky will be charging me 10 for Sky Broadband Unlimited rather than 7.50?

I'm not entirely clear on that.

Exchange:
      Thanks

no, sky wont charge you extra, if you already have skytalk then you will pay 7.50 a month for the unlimited package but from what i have heard the new packages are available through new sales from 1st of June and all existing customers will be moved to new packages on 1st of September(baring in mind alot are on base which will soon be non-existant). this may mean if you upgrade to unlimited now you will be paying 10 a month until September but im not entirely sure.

yes even though you are an existing customer you can get the 6 months free unlimited broadband offer if you sign up to skytalk line rental, it would probably be worth doing this as i think skytalk line rental is cheaper than BT's and the 6 months free broadband would save you a good bit of cash, unless your in a contract with BT of course

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Misfit, but tell me, do you think this would apply if I default by exceeding my download limit this month (the last before I can upgrade on the new package)?

Exchange:
      Thanks

i assume you mean this is the 2nd month in a 6 month period you will have exceeded the download limit? this shouldnt matter, as long as you call and sign up for the deal before you are auto upgraded and before the offer expires at the end of this month

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misfit96 View Post
      i assume you mean this is the 2nd month in a 6 month period you will have exceeded the download limit? this shouldnt matter, as long as you call and sign up for the deal before you are auto upgraded and before the offer expires at the end of this month
      I don't want that deal cos I want to stick with BT for line rental.

I just wanna know if sky can charge me 10pm going forward instead of 7.50 if I go over again this month.

Exchange:
      Thanks

its likely they will charge you 10 a month if you are auto-upgraded this month as existing customers will be moved to the new packages at the start of september(at which point the price will drop by 2.50)

Sky TV:
      Thanks

An update to this thread:

I am now being charged 10 for unlimited broadband! I am seriously not happy. Why am I being charged 10? It should be 7.50 shouldn't it? I was told that it would drop back to 7.50 in september when it was rolled out to everyone. Mind you, they'll bloody tell you anything to get you off the phone won't they.

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
      An update to this thread:

I am now being charged 10 for unlimited broadband! I am seriously not happy. Why am I being charged 10? It should be 7.50 shouldn't it? I was told that it would drop back to 7.50 in september when it was rolled out to everyone. Mind you, they'll bloody tell you anything to get you off the phone won't they.
      I had this exact same issue with a customer this evening. You need to call and sign a contract and as long as you have the sky talk package you will pay 7.50. A lot of the old base packages were upgraded to max, and this is what caused the problem.

Call customer services and tell them you are paying too much, they will change it for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast