Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Everyday Upgrade Question

This is a discussion on Everyday Upgrade Question within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Sanity I had this exact same issue with a customer this evening. You need to call and ...

webby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02380
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Everyday Upgrade Question

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
      I had this exact same issue with a customer this evening. You need to call and sign a contract and as long as you have the sky talk package you will pay 7.50. A lot of the old base packages were upgraded to max, and this is what caused the problem.

Call customer services and tell them you are paying too much, they will change it for you.
      Thank you, I will do that.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It looks like the TV discount is not being applied, you do have an active Sky TV subscription? I was 'forcibly' upgraded and am being charged 7.50. I did not agree to an extended contract.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I called Sky last night. They will not change me to the 7.50 charge without me agreeing to a new 12 month contract. That sucks. Everything they've told me is BS. They say that because I went over my limit back in may or june, I was automatically upgraded to the unlimited package, which was 15pm but with 5 discount for having Sky tv.

The thing is, I spoke to them back in may when I saw that I was close to going over the limit. It was literally a week before the end of the month, and the new packages were starting (for new customers) in june. I told the guy I didn't want to go over my limit and then pay 10 per month. I asked him if that's what would happen. He said yes, but in september when it's rolled out to all users, you will be charged 7.50. He also told me, and this is CRUCIAL, and I remember it well, he said, do not worry about going over your limit cos all 'mid package' customers will be upgraded to the new unlimited package anyway. I asked him to repeat that, which he did. I would have refrained from using the internet, but he said to just carry on as usual.

What are former unlimited (was it called the max?) customers now paying? Are they still paying 10? Or they paying 7.50?

Why should I have to be tied in to another 12 month contract for this? THEY changed the packages. I should be switched automatically shouldn't I?

Thanks

which was 15pm but with 5 discount for having Sky tv.
      That is wrong for a start. You get a 2.50 discount for TV not 5, you get the 5 off for having Talk. It could be you are charged 2.50 more if you don't have TV, but it amounts to the same thing.

This is my latest bill for broadband-
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 02/11/10 - 01/12/10................................................ ........ 12.50
      #5 off Broadband each month when you have Sky Talk 02/11/10 - 01/12/10....... 5.00 CR
      Subtotal.................................................. .................................................. .......................... 7.50

Rather strangely I have this note on my account-
      Product change(s):
      02/11/10: removed Sky Broadband Unlimited
      02/11/10: added Sky Broadband Unlimited

Which does not make much sense
      I was upgraded without asking and without agreeing to another 12 months.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That is wrong for a start. You get a 2.50 discount for TV not 5, you get the 5 off for having Talk. It could be you are charged 2.50 more if you don't have TV, but it amounts to the same thing.

This is my latest bill for broadband-
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 02/11/10 - 01/12/10................................................ ........ 12.50
      #5 off Broadband each month when you have Sky Talk 02/11/10 - 01/12/10....... 5.00 CR
      Subtotal.................................................. .................................................. .......................... 7.50

Rather strangely I have this note on my account-
      Product change(s):
      02/11/10: removed Sky Broadband Unlimited
      02/11/10: added Sky Broadband Unlimited

Which does not make much sense
      I was upgraded without asking and without agreeing to another 12 months.
      Ok, i got that wrong but suffice to say I have the sky world tv package, and sky talk unlimited too, so I get 5 off.

Thanks

No, the cost of Unlimited is 12.50, if you have Talk, you get the 5 discount so you should be paying 7.50, the same as me. The have made a mess of your account. You should query it by email so that you have in writing what they say. You are unlikely to get anywhere by phone as each person you speak to will have a different reply.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12