Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

new member, wireless signal problem

This is a discussion on new member, wireless signal problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, My first post here, i am new to sky and to this forum. In fact this is my ...

Vedster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dundee Baxter ESBAX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

new member, wireless signal problem

Hi all,

My first post here, i am new to sky and to this forum.
      In fact this is my first ever ADSL broadband, i have been with telewest and now Virgin for years.

I know that your first thought will be why the hell did he go from cable to ADSL
      Virgin cable internet was rock solid, i had 20 meg line, and it was absolutely fantastic, more or less maxed out most of the time, but i got fed up with how Virgin treated me, but that`s story for some other time.

I started with sky everyday package, had that installed on 19th, and it was not up to much, i was maxing out at 2.5 meg download speed, i spoke to sky they did something to it and it did go up to 5.5, which is not so bad i presume for adsl.

Today i upgraded to sky unlimited, lets hope that will get me up to 10meg mark.

Anyways, sagem router that sky gave me is not very good for wireless, my daughters room is about 6 meters and 2 walls (thin inner plasterboard walls) away from router and signal is tottaly poor, tried changing channels but it does not help. It works fine when you get closer to the router.

I found out too late that you just cant get any old router and use with sky, unless you want to break T&C that is. I think that`s shocking, in that case i think sky should offer better router for people who have need for it.

I have Belkin F5D8233UK4 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router / Access Point [F5D8233UK4] Cable Routers (Virgin) cable router, can i piggyback it onto sagem router and use belkin for my wireless signal?

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

Re: new member, wireless signal problem

you're better ditching wireless all together and going for Homeplugs, but if not you can just plug the Ethernet cable to link the 2 routers and turn off the wireless on the Sky one

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket