Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

need a little info on getting out of that abomination of a connection.

This is a discussion on need a little info on getting out of that abomination of a connection. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; 5 months or so left on the contract, will I have to pay my way out of it? Info quickly ...

poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

need a little info on getting out of that abomination of a connection.

5 months or so left on the contract, will I have to pay my way out of it? Info quickly because my connection is completely ***ing horrid.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: need a little info on getting out of that abomination of a connection.

No, you are on Sky CConnect which is not fit for the purpose. Just ring as ask for your MAC code, Sky are letting connect customers leave in contract.

chemicalcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: pencoed exchange
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I left sky connect after 2 months! I phoned sky to say the internet was unusable in the evenings and requested a mac code. I was told there would be no penalty for leaving the contract early. Sky said to phone back for the mac in 24 hours which i did. Got the mac code and going on to talk talk LLU this thursday. I had a letter from sky saying they were sorry i was leaving.
      I got the feeling in all this that i was not the first to break a sky connect contract.
      I dont think sky have any more plans for Local Loop Unbundling so really i had no choice but to move on.
      Hope this helps for you.

skyconnectsufferer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: holland on sea
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet pro
      Thanks

yeah same here i was still in contract but done same as suggested above and am with IDnet now and enjoying faultless browsing and gaming

dont delay ring now and request your mac code but dont mention cancelling just get up and running with your new provider first.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

poorbroadband
      Hi another thing you can do is a Bt Bt Updated Speed Tester When the line is being throttled 5pm till Midnight also a test when your line is not being throttled also time and date both so that if anyone at Sky say`s anything you have information for them I hope it all goes well