Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unlimited

This is a discussion on Unlimited within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I upgraded from the basic package to unlimited in late January. However I have noticed that my speeds haven't ...

boyle111 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unlimited

Hi,
      I upgraded from the basic package to unlimited in late January. However I have noticed that my speeds haven't improved and have maybe even slowed down.

I rang Sky yesterday and they said about how it doesn't improve your speeds and how it may be due to the distance. However, I looked on a reliable Broadband Speed Checker website which also compares speeds of people in the same area with the same package, I noticed that someone right by me had 10MB Download and had the same package.

I have also noticed that I tend to get 1.60MB download or less, when checking the speeds it normally reaches 1.60 and goes up and down a few but it never goes past here, this makes me think that there is still a cap on the line, however Sky don't seem to believe this.

I'm just interested to hear other people's opinions. I'd really like much better speeds for better online gaming and downloading/viewing videos etc. But right now Sky is really disappointing me.
      Thanks.

Router Statistics: http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2448/39498837.gif

SpeedTest Results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/764236858.png

2. Advertisement
      poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Unlimited

Welcome to SKY

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by poorbroadband View Post
      Welcome to SKY
      If you don't have advice, or anything constructive to add, then there is no point in you posting.

On topic:

From the stats, it would appear you are capped (strangely still on base's upstream - you're definitely on unlimited, yeah?). Even so, however, you're not going to get much more out of the line at the moment even if it was uncapped. It looks like it's been capped due to stability issues. Are you connecting the router via an extension cable or connecting to an extension socket?

How to test your ADSL in the Master Socket

Plug into your test socket and re-take the stats, using no extension cables; just simply the filter and the short grey dsl cable sky supplied.