Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Email from sky saying I have reached 70%

This is a discussion on Email from sky saying I have reached 70% within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all I have just received an email from Sky saying I have reached 70% of my usage allowance, this ...

LancashireLass is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: SKY Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Email from sky saying I have reached 70%

Hi all

I have just received an email from Sky saying I have reached 70% of my usage allowance, this is not true as I check every single day with their Usage Tool and keep a note of what I am using.

I am only on day 7 and have used 0.35Gb 17.5% of my 2GB allowance

Anyone else had a wrong message like this and is there an email I can use to complain to sky without ringing them which is something that fills me with dread.

Thank you.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Email from sky saying I have reached 70%

Do you have any other devices using the network (mobiles, games consoles)?
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I think you are missing the point IWNTE, she has checked her usage on the Sky meter and it shows only 17.5% used, but the email says 70%. Something wrong somewhere.
      I have not seen one of these emails, is there a way to reply directly to them? If not there should be as this is not the first time this has been reported. It looks like the part that sends the message to the computer to send out the warning is not resetting from the last month, although the part the customer sees is resetting.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think you are missing the point IWNTE, she has checked her usage on the Sky meter and it shows only 17.5% used, but the email says 70%. Something wrong somewhere.
      I have not seen one of these emails, is there a way to reply directly to them? If not there should be as this is not the first time this has been reported. It looks like the part that sends the message to the computer to send out the warning is not resetting from the last month, although the part the customer sees is resetting.

Hi

You are quite correct. I do check every day because I got an email from Sky three months ago saying I had gone over, that may have been true that month but I now use the tool every single day (except the few days it was unavailble ;0) ) and take a note of what it says.

Yes, I did have an alert to warn me at 70% still checked from last month, I have rechecked that now for an alert at 50%.

I want to contact SKY but there is no way I can through the stress of talking to them on the 'phone, if there is no email addy available I will have to write to them.

Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Sorry I should have said, I will try replying to the warning and let the forum know.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You could try using the KANA form as a method of first contact.
      https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/sk...contactus/kana

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Maybe you should cancel the warning email as that may the cause of the problem. I'm just about to cancel mine for exactly that reason. Thanks for the post, hope you can sort it out and do keep us informed of how you get on.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply dms05, yes I will cancel the warning.

I got this message from my reply via the warning email.

Thank you for your email. This email originates from an unmanned account so this is an automated response.

If you have any questions about the VAT changes planned for 2010, please visit sky.com/helpcentre

Regards,

The Sky Team

It doesn't say if they will go on to reply so perhaps I should try the form as Isitme suggested.

LL

jeffer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01322
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi, I had the same thing telling me I had exceeded my usage allowance which was not true.
      They automatically upgraded me under the terms and conditions. I was on base, now on everyday (up to 10MB according to Sky) but only receiving 4MB.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffer View Post
      Hi, I had the same thing telling me I had exceeded my usage allowance which was not true.
      They automatically upgraded me under the terms and conditions. I was on base, now on everyday (up to 10MB according to Sky) but only receiving 4MB.
      You are probably getting the maximum speed your line supports. Upgrading from Base to Everyday is giving you 5 times the bandwidth each month (up from 2 GB to 10 GB). If you want help improving your download speed you should post your Stats How to get your router statistics and lots of people can comment on what you might do to improve the line speed in your specific location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast