Results 21 to 26 of 26
This is a discussion on Ridicolous within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; 1. do you have a test socket? NO 2. if not, are you in the master socket? YES 3. are ...
- 23-03-10, 06:46 PM #21
1. do you have a test socket? NO
2. if not, are you in the master socket? YES
3. are you using an extension lead? NO
4. how many other sockets do you have in the house? 3
5. if you have more sockets, are they in use? YES ONLY 2
6. if they are in use, what's plugged into them? XBOX AND PS3 INTO ONE TV
7. if you have sockets in use, are you using filters on them all? YES
8. can you remove ALL equipment, except the router, from the other sockets and reboot the router and post your stats again
heres are the stats
System Up Time: 0:03:37
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 291 331 0 2179 5716 0:02:26
LAN 574 3901 0 0 0 0:03:37
WLAN 5012 1302 0 8531 3850 0:03:10
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 10846 kbps 892 kbps
Line Attenuation 18.0 db 8.1 db
Noise Margin 7.1 db 8.0 db
- 23-03-10, 06:58 PM #22
- 23-03-10, 07:16 PM #23
As you dont have a test socket, that means you dont have an NTE5 socket. Now my dad had similar problems. So I (ahem) replaced the old BT socket with a new NTE5 with an XTE5 filter plate and everything was sorted.
BT will charge £150 to do this for you.
Can you post a pic of your master socket.
- 23-03-10, 07:46 PM #24
i only have one phone socket which is the master socket where the phone is plugged in to
- 23-03-10, 08:06 PM #25
- 24-03-10, 10:55 AM #26