Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router Speed Help Please

This is a discussion on Router Speed Help Please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, After several hours trying to figure my way around forums and diagnose the problem myself i have decided to ...

woodr012 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01782
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Post Router Speed Help Please

Hello,

After several hours trying to figure my way around forums and diagnose the problem myself i have decided to post my router stats on a thread in the hope that someone will be able to help me improve my speed!

I have downloaded the sky adsl pinger and have taken these stats from there.

I have also taken them whilst being connected to the engineers test socket on my main BT line.

I have filters on all the phone sockets in my house. Whether there is anything connected to them or not- although, not sure if that matters!

Any help would be much appreciated as my knowledge of broadband etc is very limited.

Rick

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 761 kbps 412 kbps
      Line Attenuation 63.5 db 37.3 db
      Noise Margin 6.6 db 15.9 db

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Router Speed Help Please

You can definitely confirm that's with the master socket faceplate unscrewed and plugged directly into the test socket with a (preferably swapped/changed) filter and the short light grey dsl cable sky supplied to the router, with no extension cables?

If so, then check that your other extension sockets are dead, with no dial tone if you have any phones plugged in them. Also, check for any noise such as crackling/static/popping on the phone.

All of the above is probably spot on, but the main issue is that you're very far from your exchange. Do you recall ever having a higher speed with another ISP, or sky?