Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Not a happy bunny...what can i do?

This is a discussion on Not a happy bunny...what can i do? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; 08442410515 - you want to get through to the customer solutions team ( CST ). Firstly, you'll get through to ...

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Not a happy bunny...what can i do?

08442410515 - you want to get through to the customer solutions team (CST). Firstly, you'll get through to tier 1 and it's luck of the draw whether you get through to a script-happy moron, or someone who has their head screwed on (and possibly has access to configure your line). Either way, rhyme off that you're in the test socket with a swapped filter and using no extension cables. If they refuse to pass you through to CST, then you could, I suppose, be a cheeky bugger and turn off your router and suggest you can't get an internet light on the router. For the fact you've told them you're in the test socket etc., it'll lead to being passed through to CST. Turn it back on after you're given the ticket ID and once transferred, tell CST the real issue that you'd like to be uncapped...

2. Advertisement
      si69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

So,i got a call out of the blue from sky cst!!Was unexpected but not gonna complain.anyway,they acknowledged there was a fault and said they wanted to fix it so they were passing it to their on net team??? who apparantley have more clout to get things sorted.While on the line,i asked the guy to remove the cap from what the dlm was running so he did and my internet ended up running at 66kbps!!! and he said he would put it back to the max i could get while the isuue was being resolved i.e 1.8meg.....so i waited and he never put it back so i had to phone them back myself to be told this time,they were sorry there is nothing they can do as the fault is between the cabinet a few hundred metres away from the house and the pole outside the house and there is no spare space to swap it over so iwas stuck with it,however i was urged to contact bt myself and see if i could get any joy myself.The guy set my speed back and claimed it could only handle 1.6 meg now(it keeps getting less and less).
      So i contacted bt and they told me to phone sky and get them to log it with bt wholesale rather than bt openreach as they are the ones that deal with cabling etc.So i phoned sky back to tell them this to be told that because it had gone to a higher department,they would be phoning me back anyway so i would have to wait til then to talk to them.OK i said...and no call back.
      Meanwile,this morning,my connection dropped out altogether so i had to reset my router to try and get it to work again and eventually the orange light went out and i got my internet back again only to find the speed even worse than before(see below)This is still in the test socket.This is finally driving me nuts and am at the point of telling them to ram it!!(even though i dont have an alternative as they would use the same phone line..Arrrggghhh)

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 25537 44019 0 1631 43433 00:23:50
      LAN 100M/Full 399 0 0 43 0 00:25:18
      WLAN 11M/54M 44531 26337 0 41857 1615 00:25:05
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 1176 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 52 db 31 db
      Noise Margin 1 db 15 db

Thanks

Does anyone have a number for bt other than 150 that sky told me to phone so that i can talk to someone who isnt sat there with a script in front of them asking me over and over again if i want a quiet line test done?I need to speak to someone who will listen.Its out of skys hands as they cannot get the fault repaired between the cabinet an pole.Thank you

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

They can get it repaired - they just raise it to BT to get an SFI out!!

BT won't do a thing for you as it's not a voice-affecting problem, BB repairs need to be instructed by the ISP
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

According to sky,they cant do anything about it because the line needs changing over in the cabinet but there is no extra space so i am stuck with it.So how can they get it repaired if bt is telling them that?

Thanks

If you know something i dont,then please feel free to tell me

colski is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If the cabinet is made of wood cough cough do you have any matches and lighter fluid cough for your zippo lighter.

Thanks

Yeah that was really helpful colski.Unfortunately i lost my sense of humour about 20 phone calls ago.The problem is getting worse now.I keep losing connection all together sometimes and i have to keep resetting theouter to get it back and now thespeed has dropped even further to 1.1 now

SOF006 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: ASUS DSL-N66U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by si69 View Post
      Yeah that was really helpful colski.Unfortunately i lost my sense of humour about 20 phone calls ago.The problem is getting worse now.I keep losing connection all together sometimes and i have to keep resetting theouter to get it back and now thespeed has dropped even further to 1.1 now
      Yeah im having a similar problem, My connect keeps dropping out and getting slower im currently stuck at 500kbps or so, also whats ironic is that my upload speed is faster than my download. I feel your rage and pain at the moment.

Thanks

Thanks man,its a nightmare.Have they given you any indication of what the problem is or if they will fix it?The guys on here have been very helpful in trying to help me and then you get someone who leaves a smart **** comment which just isnt funny really.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast