Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Issues With Rapidshare? Try these Workarounds

This is a discussion on Issues With Rapidshare? Try these Workarounds within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well routing problem, my foot, it is the defective proxy filtering most of the file hosting sites only hotfile.com sendspace.com ...

tommy45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCSOU
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Issues With Rapidshare? Try these Workarounds

Well routing problem, my foot, it is the defective proxy filtering most of the file hosting sites only hotfile.com sendspace.com .depositfiles.com where working earlier today ,
      megaupload.com Rapidshare.com remain blocked following a short time yesterday when they where accessible by normal means directly,As for opening a port on your router, unless port 80 is blocked then that is incorrect info here's the filter details that is blocking rapidshare.com px1.bllon.uk.easynet.net [212.134.155.195] don't belive me, Google it ! there is several ip's in this range, it has also have reference in this forum,

As this has been a problem for several years at least, Easynet have not done anything about it and wont,they know full well what the problem is, it's either use a vpn/proxy to bypass it or, complain en mass and hope they change their minds and fix it or turn it off, or you can get yer mac code and got elsewhere

your complaint's should be directed to easynet, sky will just fob you off

2. Advertisement
      xcalibur is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01628
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

As a test I entered a link into RS this morning and got a pop-up stating the content was copyright material and redirected me to a web site to buy the material I tried to download!!

Its still a beta site as it doesn't work either - me thinks this is Rapidshare's developing business model - host all sorts of stuff and redirect to a shop front once advised of copyrighted material!

RapidShare Entertainment

karens1961 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i am still having trouble getting on sites,i put the s in after the http.otherwise i can't get on these sites,also i have trouble with a forum i am on,so was told to put in :8080 after the .com,that works,
      but this problem still isn't resolved!
      karen

pablouk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rayleigh Essex
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xcalibur View Post
      As a test I entered a link into RS this morning and got a pop-up stating the content was copyright material and redirected me to a web site to buy the material I tried to download!!

RapidShare Entertainment

They have had this for months, it only switches you to the new site if the link has ben reported, It makes Rapidshare look good.

oggmeista is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommy45 View Post
      Well routing problem, my foot, it is the defective proxy filtering most of the file hosting sites only hotfile.com sendspace.com .depositfiles.com where working earlier today ,
      megaupload.com Rapidshare.com remain blocked following a short time yesterday when they where accessible by normal means directly,As for opening a port on your router, unless port 80 is blocked then that is incorrect info here's the filter details that is blocking rapidshare.com px1.bllon.uk.easynet.net [212.134.155.195] don't belive me, Google it ! there is several ip's in this range, it has also have reference in this forum,

As this has been a problem for several years at least, Easynet have not done anything about it and wont,they know full well what the problem is, it's either use a vpn/proxy to bypass it or, complain en mass and hope they change their minds and fix it or turn it off, or you can get yer mac code and got elsewhere

your complaint's should be directed to easynet, sky will just fob you off
      Well this sounds to me like the real answer id say youve hit the nail on the head here tommy

secondsoflight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hey, just found this site. I notice from the end of last week that Imagebam.com (an image hosting site) wasn't working as I use a number of fashion forums like thefashionspot.com, which are understandably image heavy and I've not been able to access the site for days.

Realised that rapidshare is the same too and found this thread.

Seems like the same thing, so add ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing onto the list. What a joke!

tommy45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCSOU
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secondsoflight View Post
      Hey, just found this site. I notice from the end of last week that Imagebam.com (an image hosting site) wasn't working as I use a number of fashion forums like thefashionspot.com, which are understandably image heavy and I've not been able to access the site for days.

Realised that rapidshare is the same too and found this thread.

Seems like the same thing, so add ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing onto the list. What a joke!
      Well, it at the end of the day is pointless,I remember not that long ago they blocked the content delivery service for speedtest.net/pingtest.net as a result both pages could no longer load,as this content provider provides the data stream/bandwidth globally for speedtest.net, the actual address they blocked was cdn.speedtest.net/pingtest.net and a tracert shows that that belongs to edgecastcdn.net [93.184.221.133] which is what was blocked,why? mystery there no logical explanation for that one,also i have known tinypic.com too be blocked also
      <a href=http://www.speedtest.net/result/754463629.png target=_blank>http://www.speedtest.net/result/754463629.png</a>

lindley010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01302
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

RS is working for now anyway,
      However, 'www.megaupload.com' wont work, but with the host file workaround, 'megaupload.com' does work, the host file workaround didn't work for RS though.

rabiez is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

I called ukonline yesterday (which is same as easynet/sky) and I was told its something to do with updated lists from the IWF. It should be resolved in the next couple of days

AlbaBarn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Excellent thread mate, keep up the good work!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast