Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

The good, the bad & the ugly

This is a discussion on The good, the bad & the ugly within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Today I've experienced all three with Sky CS. Noting that I ordered the Connect service on 23rd Sept on a ...

BBHunter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation The good, the bad & the ugly

Today I've experienced all three with Sky CS. Noting that I ordered the Connect service on 23rd Sept on a line that had previously had an ADSL service but no current ISP, this is today's situation ..

The good - I have got through to Sky CS on freephone number three times today and not waited more than 5 mins in the queue on each occasion

The bad - My order of 23rd had to be cancelled as BT rejected the telephone number submitted by Sky (1st call) & they could not re-order as their DSL checker was not working (2nd call)

The ugly - Order of 23rd not recognised by BT because Sky had given them a telephone number from my last house 2.5 yrs ago where I never had sky anyway. Order of 23rd had to be cancelled and activation fee refunded to the sky user account holder (my wife) and not me as the person who ordered and paid!!.

A few lessons for hers here,

a. It is easy to confuse Sky/BT - try and have the same person as the Sky Tv a/c holder, BT/telephone account holder and applicant for Sky BB

b. Use the order tracker on the BT website and don't be afraid to ring Sky CS if you don't see any changes after a few days

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Looks like persistence has begun to pay off - Change order has appeared on BT.com track order page and should be complete by 10th Oct . Now in the hands of Sky and Parcelforce for service and router.

My local exchange is Cheddington. Easynet were not willing to provide inidcation of when upgrade to LLU will be available and Cheddington doesn't appear in the sticky on this issue. Has anybody got any snippets of info on expansion/rollout plans in general?

thnxs in advance

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Things are looking good so fingers crossed for you as for the LLU roll out the best you can hope for is it will appear in the sticky or you goto Smaknows fill in your details and goto the exchange details and register your email to be notified when any changes are made to your exchange.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 30-09-06 at 02:33 PM.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@wheelie - thnxs for pointer on registering at samknows.

I was reading your post from early Sept about routers & parcelline which included some reference to problems obtaining the consignment number. In the various letters I'm now about to receive from Sky will there be details of the consignment number or do I need to ring CS?

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      As far as I know they don't have that info as the orders are place to a company in Rugby who send them out.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here