Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband Problem Since Sunday

This is a discussion on Broadband Problem Since Sunday within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have been having a problem with my broadband since Sunday night im just trying 2 work out if ...

Rank1n77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Broadband Problem Since Sunday

Hi I have been having a problem with my broadband since Sunday night im just trying 2 work out if it is a problem on my side just b4 I phone Sky up. My internet connection keeps disconecting ive been looking at the lights on front of my netgear router & my internet light (i) is going yellow then back to green. I put a new ADSL box on to see if this was the problem still happening. I then plugged my router into the test socket the problem was resolved. So the next step I took was to remove the long exstension phone cable that gos from my sky box 2 the phone socket & connect the ADSL box str8 in2 the phone socket worked fine but soon as I plugged the Sky box extension in2 the phone socket & then plug the ADSL box in2 that the problems back. Would that point 2 the problem being my Sky exstension cable. Is ther any1 that could recomend what I do next any help would b much apprecieted.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Broadband Problem Since Sunday

You must plug the ADSL filter in first, then the Sky extension. Everything plugged into the phone must run through a filter.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

the microfilter needs to be plugged in before the sky tv extension, it shouldnt cause problems unless your router is on the end of the extension.

master socket>microfilter>sky tv extension + router

thats the ideal setup in this situation, the extensions left with a sky tv box generally have a double adapter or "splitter" on the end of them so when this is connected into the phone side of your adsl filter you can have your phone in the back of the splitter.

Rank1n77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thats it m8 cheers 4 ur help I dontknow how I got them mixed up & missed that one I lol feel stupid now glad I didnt phone Sky now.