Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

No Sky Broadband for 5months!

This is a discussion on No Sky Broadband for 5months! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello There People. Its my first time on this forum and I was just seeing if anybody can help me ...

d444nyc is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Unhappy No Sky Broadband for 5months!

Hello There People.

Its my first time on this forum and I was just seeing if anybody can help me or anything.

Well basically, on the 21st November my Internet Connection went out and I rang Sky after a day just incase the exchange was out or something and Sky they were experiencing problems in my area and said it should be back activated in 24hours so I left it for 48hours just to give them more time but the internet connection was still inactive.

So, I rang Sky again and they said that BT had recently put an cease on the line which didn't make any sense as it just came out the blue. I then rang BT and they said there was no cease on the line and that the service was running 100% and the signal from Sky was running perfectly fine and they won't stopping anything so for around 3hours I rang between the two trying to find out what was going on and got nowhere and gave up and left it for a week.

I then rang every week trying to find out what was going on and still got nowhere so I told BT that I won't pay there bill untill it has been sorted, which they later cancelled our contract and took our house phone line away from us.

Sky then got me through to one person who said they would ring us back with information about what was going on with it and when to expect it back online, which I didn't get a phone call back from them. So I tried again and they have been through lots of different stages, such as disactivating the broadband and reactivating it but over the last 4months I've still got nowhere with getting it fixed or even knowing whats going on.

I was just want to see if anybody has been in a simular situation or any way I can speed up the process of getting it fixed or anything.

Thanks, Dan Courtnage

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Re: No Sky Broadband for 5months!

I would send a formal letter of complaint to Sky, not paying BT was a mistake to be honest but your records will show what happened and you can demand them for a small fee from Sky and use the information as leverage on BT to get the billing / cease issue sorted.
      An adsl cease can be caused by many things and doesn't need your line to be deactivated so BT can say your line is working all they want but a cease could have been triggered at some point, once it's in process it cannot be stopped even if the underlying cause is removed.
      A formal letter of complain and mention of contacting OFCOM may help but you must go through the formal complaints procedure before you can get OFCOM involved in the dispute.
      If a cease has occured and months on you still don't have ADSL it looks like a database issue at Skys' end causing the re-activation problem. - Sky Help Centre>Account & Billing