Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

This is a discussion on Sky Sucks (Cancellation) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Nofews Hi I used to use an extension then changed to Ethernet cable from computer to router I used RJ45 ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

Nofews
      Hi I used to use an extension then changed to Ethernet cable from computer to router I used RJ45 FastCAT5e Patch Cable Snagless Molded and put router near Master socket then master socket ADSLNATION XTE-2005 Professional Quality Master Face plate Filter ADSL Nation LTD. so seperate phone line from ADSL. The first thing is what can you do if you can put the router near the master socket then use ethernet Cable from your router to your computer any good up to now

2. Advertisement
      Nofews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Nofews
      Hi I used to use an extension then changed to Ethernet cable from computer to router I used RJ45 FastCAT5e Patch Cable Snagless Molded and put router near Master socket then master socket ADSLNATION XTE-2005 Professional Quality Master Face plate Filter ADSL Nation LTD. so seperate phone line from ADSL. The first thing is what can you do if you can put the router near the master socket then use ethernet Cable from your router to your computer any good up to now
      Ok, Ill post back in a week when cables / Faceplate arrives, will i need to ring sky to tell them my Internal wiring has improved & to uncap and reset my connection to improve my speeds
      Last edited by Nofews; 07-03-10 at 07:31 PM.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Once you have sorted out your setup, post your router stats again and then we can advise.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Nofews
      Hi the first thing is Ethernet cable comes in various lenths so after you measure the lenth you need look on ADSL Nation LTD. the cable is on this page

will i need to ring sky to tell them my Internal wiring has improved & to uncap and reset my connection to improve my speeds
      Yes and your connection should see an improvement. Also when everything is fitted plug straight into the test socket So Sky CST can see the improvements. Anyone who can offer more information or ideas that can improve the connection please feel free

tequilla991 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nofews View Post
      How do I cancel my 12Month contract without incurring termination charges, Tv, Phone + Internet ?, I did not sign up nor was I informed about this level of poor service In fact had I known I was being sold a heap of crock I would of laughed than spat in the face of the Sky man who happily sold me a so called "Broadband Service Provider".
      \

Well when you signed up you would of been given a 30 day cooling period for your TV subscription...this is the time you can cancel and de-install your equipment if you are unhappy...how far into your contract are you? why are you unhappy with the service? you will need to contact customer relations to discuss your cancellation but there is a chance you may be charged

emrobin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Warboys
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

I have my router right next to my Master Socket. From my router, I have a CAT5e cable run upstairs to another router (The Sky Sagem router doesn't reach upstairs very well). It all works fine. I'll bet once you get all your pieces in order and everything connected properly, you'll notice a difference. You may have to request Sky re-run DLM on your line though since you've been told you're capped out at 6Mb even though your line should be able to handle much more.
      Peak usage speed test

Exchange:
      Thanks

Update: Connection speeds synced or should I say "capped" @13Meg down 10Meg up no additional equipment or improvements have been made. Still 7 or so Meg short. But tell me now who was right!

Sky Nill
      Customer 1

Suck on that

All that bs you tell the end user about Internal wiring Issues just a cover up for Skys short comings.

What brings me back is current connection Issues Ive been having since tonight. It disconnects every 10-15Minutes out for about 3 then repeats wtf is up with my connection. Best resolve it self sharpish or I'll be back busting Sky's balls
      Last edited by Nofews; 03-07-10 at 12:48 AM.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

What brings me back is current connection Issues Ive been having since tonight. It disconnects every 10-15Minutes:
      But tell me now who was right!
      You've answered your own question there, genius. If your set-up is still incorrect, and you cannot follow simple instructions, then you are the issue, not sky.

In regards to 'busting sky's balls', please do call up tomorrow and with any luck get through to me so I can talk some sense into you.

Exchange:
      Thanks

That makes no sense what so ever, I said my connections been stable for the past 3Months, Ive only had problems tonight & by looks of it so have afew other users.. Maybe my connection cut out before I could finish my post ?

It's been Stable working perfectly fine 3Months straight not 1 disconnect, Which is probably why DLM synced my speed @ 13Meg. My Internet's disconnected 15times in 6hrs & had 2 restart router. Was heading for a higher sync if this has ruined my chance's I'll be calling you User05

Another Disconnect. Yes it's all coming back 2 me now. Starting to make sense "My mum called Sky 2days ago to complain the channels had disappeared" & now this crap.. Can only Imagine Sky has done something 2 screw my Internet aswell. So Sky's the screw up there's no way I'm calling them up to put this right, This your screw up you put it right or the cancellation still stands
      Last edited by Nofews; 03-07-10 at 04:04 AM.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Bye bye then.

Good luck with your new provider, you will still be using the same line and crappy setup you have now so your problems will remain.

So, just to correct the score:-

Sky = 0
      You = -1 (deducted a point for ignoring the helpful advice)
      SkyUser = right all along!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast