Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 55

    Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

    This is a discussion on Sky Sucks (Cancellation) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; He is not defending Sky when he points out that it is your internal wiring causing the issue, in effect, ...

    1. #21
      Smithy99's Avatar
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Wirral
      Posts
      6,739
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 57 Times in 57 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      He is not defending Sky when he points out that it is your internal wiring causing the issue, in effect, it is you that suck in this situation as the fault lies in your home and not Sky's end.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #22
      Nofews's Avatar
      Nofews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      51
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      He is not defending Sky when he points out that it is your internal wiring causing the issue, in effect, it is you that suck in this situation as the fault lies in your home and not Sky's end.
      You SUCK!

    4. #23
      User05's Avatar
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Posts
      3,030
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 171 Times in 164 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Quote Originally Posted by Nofews View Post
      Yes they do suck, There image doesn't reflect there service. I was estimated 10-20Meg and told no additional equipment was needed to receive my speed. Since signing up Sky left me without Internet access for 4days, Capped @6Meg, Sky Remote broke within 2months there whole Tv package is a sham signing people into 12month contracts and only giving them 8days to decide is not good enough especially when router doesn't arrive until 4days after.

      Id be grateful if User05 didn't post in my future threads, All you do is mock my post & defend sky.
      You're in the broadband section of an unofficial sky support forum, so I don't care about your tv etc. as they are not the issue at hand. Perhaps if you LISTENED to the previous posters or had a clue about how dsl works then you wouldn't have poor broadband. Refer back to your post, number 12, and not only the fact are you in an extension socket, but you're using an extension cable AND seemingly not filtering the socket correctly? You're lucky the broadband is even working with that set-up, so stop being a moron and fix the problem on your end before you start ranting.

      I'm not defending sky at all right here - I'm putting it in plain terms that you need to take some ownership for the problem on your end. Plenty of customers ring up to sky like yourself and metaphorically get torn a new one by agents when we reiterate the issue is with your own premises/inability to plug in some cables correctly.

      I'm sure Tupac is rolling in his grave at how stubborn, irrational and bloody downright stupid you're being right now.

    5. #24
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Nofews
      Hi can you tell me a TV service that offers better or more TV channels. Did you contact Sky to tell them your remote was broken. I have read through your thread and the issue sounds as if the extention cables might be your biggest problem there are a lot better methods than extension cables. Someone might say I am wrong but that is the Idea of any Forum to offer help and assistance and the size of SkyUser you are Guaranteed to get help. The SkyUser Members that have posted on your thread are only trying to help you resolve your issues or at least giving you information that you can relay back to Sky CST who will have more information to work on.

    6. #25
      Nofews's Avatar
      Nofews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      51
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      You're in the broadband section of an unofficial sky support forum, so I don't care about your tv etc. as they are not the issue at hand. Perhaps if you LISTENED to the previous posters or had a clue about how dsl works then you wouldn't have poor broadband. Refer back to your post, number 12, and not only the fact are you in an extension socket, but you're using an extension cable AND seemingly not filtering the socket correctly? You're lucky the broadband is even working with that set-up, so stop being a moron and fix the problem on your end before you start ranting.

      I'm not defending sky at all right here - I'm putting it in plain terms that you need to take some ownership for the problem on your end. Plenty of customers ring up to sky like yourself and metaphorically get torn a new one by agents when we reiterate the issue is with your own premises/inability to plug in some cables correctly.

      I'm sure Tupac is rolling in his grave at how stubborn, irrational and bloody downright stupid you're being right now.
      I wasn't the 1 who set it up, I was quiet happy on cable till unexpectedly a family relative migrated to DSL

    7. #26
      User05's Avatar
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Posts
      3,030
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 171 Times in 164 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Quote Originally Posted by Nofews View Post
      I wasn't the 1 who set it up, I was quiet happy on cable till unexpectedly a family relative migrated to DSL
      That's not my problem. If you want better dsl, then you're going to have to fix YOUR problems. Contrary to what customers believe, sky do not have a big red button labelled 'fix' that we just push after peeving you off enough. I was actually suspecting more fight from you whilst awaiting your reply - I guess it's sunk in that this is not sky's issue?

    8. #27
      Nofews's Avatar
      Nofews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      51
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Nofews
      Hi can you tell me a TV service that offers better or more TV channels. Did you contact Sky to tell them your remote was broken. I have read through your thread and the issue sounds as if the extention cables might be your biggest problem there are a lot better methods than extension cables. Someone might say I am wrong but that is the Idea of any Forum to offer help and assistance and the size of SkyUser you are Guaranteed to get help. The SkyUser Members that have posted on your thread are only trying to help you resolve your issues or at least giving you information that you can relay back to Sky CST who will have more information to work on.
      Yes it's been replaced 3days ago, Ive contacted sky a couple times and been told I'm receiving the best speeds which I don't believe. I posted a link in previous post to ADSL Nation asking some one to post back the cables I need in order to stabilize my line but no 1s posted back ?

    9. #28
      Smithy99's Avatar
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Wirral
      Posts
      6,739
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 57 Times in 57 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Quote Originally Posted by Nofews View Post
      I wasn't the 1 who set it up, I was quiet happy on cable till unexpectedly a family relative migrated to DSL
      That is yet another problem your end and not Sky's Do as suggested and sort out your cables and then you will have the speed and stability you want.

    10. #29
      Nofews's Avatar
      Nofews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      51
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      What cabling do I need ? Faceplate.. & anything else

      ADSL Nation LTD.

    11. #30
      IWasNotTheEnemy's Avatar
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      London
      Posts
      9,374
      Thanks
      3
      Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts

      Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

      Perfect (although maybe not ideal) setup:

      Master socket>filtered faceplate (either ADSLNation one or BT NTE2000)>(Modem Side) router on a short DSL cable; (Phone Side) Anything else you want

      Extention socket(s)>anything you want as BB is isolated to the master
      -------------------------------------------



      Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

     

     
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION