Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

This is a discussion on Sky Sucks (Cancellation) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The VERY FIRST thing to be connected to any phone socket is the ADSL filter, everything else then plugs into ...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Sucks (Cancellation)

The VERY FIRST thing to be connected to any phone socket is the ADSL filter, everything else then plugs into it.

2. Advertisement
      Nofews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      The VERY FIRST thing to be connected to any phone socket is the ADSL filter, everything else then plugs into it.
      My Router is upstairs, With a filter on the end of the extension cable. I use the 3Connector splitter to plug the phone in 1side & the extension in the other ? If i remember correctly I took it out 2days ago as told I only needed 1 Microfilter

System Up Time: 15:23:10
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 5020 kbps 248 kbps
      Line Attenuation 28.5 db 14.2 db
      Noise Margin 8.8 db 23.9 db

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Something strange is happening when you get a better reading at the end of a 10 metre cable than you do at the Test socket. If the filter is plugged in properly, it is just not be possible. They have deteriorated considerably since your first test in the Test socket.-
      Connection Speed 7006 kbps 798 kbps
      Line Attenuation 28.5 db 14.1 db
      Noise Margin 14.1 db 16.0 db
      With these, you had the potential to get pretty near 16Mb.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Why doe's Sky insist of making a mess of my monthly bill ? I can't read or understand that! I didn't cancel any of my subscription channels or sign up via Internet promotional

Your Sky Broadband
      You have Sky Broadband Unlimited which offers a maximum download speed of up to 20Mb

Speed Estimate
      When you purchased Sky Broadband, we estimated that the maximum download speed for your line was: 10-20Mb - Well I'm barley receiving 5Meg & the sale's guy never told me my estimated speed would be 10-20Mb

Your connection details
      Line connection testing completed on 06/02/2010

Download Speed
      Your connection has been set to a download speed of up to
      6.0Mb (6144Kb)

Upload Speed
      Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to
      0.8Mb (800Kb)

So my line has been capped @ 600KB/Sec

Why isn't my Broadband Usage Tool showing up ?

Exchange:
      Thanks

I just checked the phone line and its making a siren noise, Connected the ADSL filter into the 3splitter connection & it still persists

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Does it make a noise when you plug the filter into the Master socket and then the 3 way splitter and phone?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Why insist sky 'suck' when it seems the issue is on your end with your physical set-up?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      Why insist sky 'suck' when it seems the issue is on your end with your physical set-up?
      Yes they do suck, There image doesn't reflect there service. I was estimated 10-20Meg and told no additional equipment was needed to receive my speed. Since signing up Sky left me without Internet access for 4days, Capped @6Meg, Sky Remote broke within 2months there whole Tv package is a sham signing people into 12month contracts and only giving them 8days to decide is not good enough especially when router doesn't arrive until 4days after.

Id be grateful if User05 didn't post in my future threads, All you do is mock my post & defend sky.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nofews View Post
      Yes they do suck, There image doesn't reflect there service. I was estimated 10-20Meg and told no additional equipment was needed to receive my speed. Since signing up Sky left me without Internet access for 4days, Capped @6Meg, Sky Remote broke within 2months there whole Tv package is a sham signing people into 12month contracts and only giving them 8days to decide is not good enough especially when router doesn't arrive until 4days after.
      The only way any ISP could give you definitive advice would be to come round and inspect your installation. The line from the exchange to your master socket can be monitored, and that is what will have been used to estimate 10-20Mb. If you then affect the installation by adding extension cables and splitters there is no way anyone is going to predict that. Others have commented that the details you have posted of your setup don't make sense with your stats, but you still maintain that it's all Sky's fault, nothing to do with you. Are you not sensing a theme here?

Yes, you've been unlucky getting a faulty Sky remote with your TV box - but that's hardly a reason for your broadband to fail, is it?

Id be grateful if User05 didn't post in my future threads, All you do is mock my post & defend sky.
      If it's help you're after, being a little more polite to other posters would give you a better chance. If you just want a moan, carry on.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spouse View Post
      The only way any ISP could give you definitive advice would be to come round and inspect your installation. The line from the exchange to your master socket can be monitored, and that is what will have been used to estimate 10-20Mb. If you then affect the installation by adding extension cables and splitters there is no way anyone is going to predict that. Others have commented that the details you have posted of your setup don't make sense with your stats, but you still maintain that it's all Sky's fault, nothing to do with you. Are you not sensing a theme here?

Yes, you've been unlucky getting a faulty Sky remote with your TV box - but that's hardly a reason for your broadband to fail, is it?

If it's help you're after, being a little more polite to other posters would give you a better chance. If you just want a moan, carry on.
      I wasn't being rude in saying he couldn't post, He replied to my 1st thread and mimicked my use of words I get the feel he's here to defend sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Does it make a noise when you plug the filter into the Master socket and then the 3 way splitter and phone?
      Noise still persists both in test socket and connected to 3way splitter with and without DSL Filter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast