Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Are sky blocking rapidshare.com?

This is a discussion on Are sky blocking rapidshare.com? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by SimpleRules Which could be because all of those use lots of bandwidth in huge data centres that ...

tommy45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCSOU
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Are sky blocking rapidshare.com?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleRules View Post
      Which could be because all of those use lots of bandwidth in huge data centres that are connected to Level 3. Proboards and Wordpress files are also "blocked", they also use Level3. When Sky 'fixed' the issue on Friday, they sent traffic through different networks - Telia and Peer1 - and not Level 3. Easynet and their connection to Level 3 seem to be key here, not the type of site.

If it goes on for weeks, yes then maybe coverage will be due. And yes, it's strange that the IP px0 has BL FILTER and 'Filter Project' in its whois information. That doesn't necessarily mean they deliberately added the biggest forum hosting site and the biggest blog host to a blacklist for copyright infringement.

Doesn't the fact that you put (now working) by the some of those equally 'bad' file sharing sites suggest this is c*ck-up rather than conspiracy? That the ones that work do not go through Level 3, might also suggest that's where the problem is.

Why aren't torrent sites blocked then? I can access Mininova, EZTV and others. I think it's because torrent sites don't have huge data centres that require that kind of connectivity that Level 3 offer.
      px1.bllon.uk.easynet.net [212.134.155.211] that was blocking hotfile.com but now it is not? why? selective filtering perhaps? and the route to hotfile don't use level3

2. Advertisement
      Kido is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01204
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can anyone help me. I need to access some files I uploaded to Megaupload. Sadly I dont have the upload address, I usually access stuff via filemanager. I can't log on to access these. Is there a work around or am I going to have to borrow a neighbours WiFi connection? Like a lot of people on here I'm getting really fed up of not being able to access my accout.

liljak is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
      Can anyone help me. I need to access some files I uploaded to Megaupload. Sadly I dont have the upload address, I usually access stuff via filemanager. I can't log on to access these. Is there a work around or am I going to have to borrow a neighbours WiFi connection? Like a lot of people on here I'm getting really fed up of not being able to access my accout.
      Follow This To Edit Your Host File

Issues With Rapidshare? Try these Workarounds

Dumfy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: llanishen
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Maybe this will need a new thread - not sure - but it is related.

From past experience, these issues happen regularly and it seems Sky/Easynet aren't in a rush to fix them so why not work around it...

Now I'll admit to being a bit of a novice to all this, but have learned a lot reading these forums, but what if I started using a free VPN service to access RS and/or other host sites?

Does anyone know what this entails, how to set one up and how to use them access RS?

If this is sidetracking this thread, let me know and I'll start a new one.

SimpleRules is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommy45 View Post
      px1.bllon.uk.easynet.net [212.134.155.211] that was blocking hotfile.com but now it is not? why? selective filtering perhaps? and the route to hotfile don't use level3
      Exactly, it doesn't use Level 3 now and it works.

Why block 10 major filesharing sites, then keep pushing a few of them back and forth between filtered/unfiltered? I don't know why they'd do that. It suggests they never set out to block them and aren't actively targeting them.

I know it worries some people that the top ten basically went down at once, but I'd be more worried if it only one or two of them. If one day the third of fourth most popular ones just 'disappeared', that suggests conspiracy. A lot of top ones go down in a way everybody will detect, I sense c*ck-up.

--

It may be completely unrelated and not valid, but has anybody noticed that many sites now have fewer 'hops' in tracerts. It looks to me like Sky may have done some network changes of late, perhaps causing these issues.

secondsoflight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hey, just found this site. I notice from the end of last week that Imagebam.com (an image hosting site) wasn't working as I use a number of fashion forums like thefashionspot.com, which are understandably image heavy and I've not been able to access the site for days.

Realised that rapidshare is the same too and found this thread.

Seems like the same thing, so add imagebam.com onto the list. What a joke!

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
      There is another way though, in the hosts file in \windows\system32\drivers\etc\ folder add the following to the end of the list and saveit and this will go through to rapidshare without adding the SSL or https in:-

80.239.151.250 rapidshare.com # ssl.rapidshare.com

Excellent - Works a treat, TYVM!

Mike

JollyG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01635
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

Sky have just told me on the phone that they are blocking 'certain' file sharing sites including Rapidshare

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyG View Post
      Sky have just told me on the phone that they are blocking 'certain' file sharing sites including Rapidshare
      See my post above, and the original quoted post - Works a treat!

Mike

Anthonyuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyG View Post
      Have they gave any reason why?

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast